Community post

Discussion

Trying to conceive #2 for 12 months - can weaning help?

Hello, I have a happy and healthy 22 month old who I just weaned two weeks ago. He sleeps in our bed and through the night. I am 35 and we have been ttc#2 since I got my period back over 12 months ago. Our first was conceived right away so I assumed we would have no problem with our second. Now I'm worried and each month I get my period I get sad. My period is very regular and has been for about 11 months. All tests are unremarkable except a slightly elevated abnormal sperm morphology - but number and motility exceed average. I'm just wondering if anyone had success after weaning their first even though they have a regular cycle while bfing? Also, I'm so sad and feel almost crazing - reading blogs trying to find answers or people in my situation but can't seem to find success stories. Please share if you're out there. Any advise is appreciated. Thank you

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Update: I am now 11 dpo and have had two very faint positives (10dpo and 11dpo). I haven't nursed my son in over 3 weeks - the first 10 days of which I had very sore and engorged breasts, but then they went right down to small. I am very hopeful that we are pregnant this month. I wanted to write to let other moms know, even though there are tons of women that have no problem getting pregnant while breastfeeding, in my case I think it was what was getting in the way. Although I had positive LH strips every month and had a very regular balanced cycle, maybe there was something about the nursing the kept the ovum from implanting? who knows. I hope this is it!

9 years ago • Post starter

User Image

Congrats to you guys! That's wonderful news! :)

9 years ago

Still pregnant - 9 weeks today :)

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo