Community post

Discussion

Clomid

Hi Everyone! :)

Back Story:
Been married for 4 years, trying to conceive for 1.5. Diagnosed with PCOS November 2013. Naturally I have 60-90 day cycles.

Clomid History

April - 50mg- 5-9 - ovulated CD 16 - BFN
May - 50mg- 5-9 - ovulated CD 17 - BFN
June - 100mg- 5-9 - Ovulated CD 17 - BFN
July - 100mg- 5-9 - Ovulated CD 16 - BFN

Brings me to now, on cd 7 taking 150mg clomid cd 5-9.

My question

If I ovulated on 50mg & 100mg why would my doctor put me on 150mg. Is it safe? Will it make my chances of triplets higher?? I would be happy with triplets but would prefer single or twins

Thank you to all of those who take the time to answer.

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hello, I have PCOS as well and been trying to conceive for two years now. Ive done like 7-8 years of clomid and still nothing. I reached 250mg of clomid and ovulated ONCE thru this whole time with a HCG trigger shot. Recently, in July I was recommended to have surgery since the clomid did not work. I had a laparscopy procedure, and a hysteroscopy along with ovarian drilling. This was on July 24. On August 6 I was started with clomid again, but only 100 mg of clomid this time. In the past I was never able to ovulate with this low dosage, but surprisingly i did. I had an appointment on August 18 to get an ultrasound and trigger shot but i ovulated on my own for the first time on the 17th, so no shot was needed, and from both ovaries!!! Now im at the two week waiting point and will be able to take a test on Labor day which I will be 15dpo. I honestly think the surgery helped tremendously and believe that I have conceived. Feel free to see my symptoms on my page.

Hope to talk to you soon!!!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo