Community post

Discussion

BFN 14po First response, still no AF

I hate testing early because it makes me doubt whether it is a false neg.
This cycle I really felt different these were my symptoms:

* spotting 2-3 days after ovulation which I have never had before.
* lots of CM 4 - 8 dpo
* cold symptoms 5-8 dpo - i kept thinking it was the start of a cold & it was going to get worse but it never did. But every morning when I woke up I was full of cold & then a couple of hours later it completely went.
* emotional 9dpo - 11 dpo

did a first response today at 14dpo and it was BFN. I actually cried when I saw it because I thought this was my month.

Its getting more and more difficult each month. I understand that most couples TTC for at least 6 months but I think its hit me that it isn't as easy as I thought. I went from not 'trying' for 2 cycles to calculating every single thing. I can't understand why it isn't happening if you are having sex lots throughout month especially around ovulation. TTCing has officially taken over!

After getting a BFN on 14dpo do I still have a chance?

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Dear Bella I know how frustrating it can be to try every month and think" This Is The Month!" If you are in your mid twenties you have a one in 4 chance of conceiving and if you're in thirties you have a one in 6 chance of conceiving and every month that you are actively ttc the chances of conception increase. This site has a really awesome tool you can use on tools and tickers under age and fertility that shows you how your chance of conception increases each month!

Maybe relaxing would help! I know how very hard to do this is. Six months of ttc can seem like an eternity but in the grand scheme of things its within reason and if after a year you haven't gotten that bfp you should probably talk to an ob/gyn.

Also you could still get your bfp due to ovulating and/or implanting late. Best wishes ;)

User Image

8 years ago

Thanks for you message of support, I still have not had AF & have never been this late before although after getting BFN yesterday I believe it is down to stress.

Each month after AF I feel relaxed and ready to try again, the month starts off well and I am happy but around 8dpo I start going crazy and feel so anxious.

I guess I am always relaxed when I know I am not pregnant but as soon as my fertile window is over I start symptom spotting. :(

Do you have any advice on how to relax more, I feel like I wish I didn't know when AF was due or when my fertile window was. Maybe I should delete my tracking app & just stop looking into dates all the time.

The strange thing is I don't even feel like AF is coming now.

8 years ago • Post starter

Hey Bella!
When you get your big fat positive, it will be the perfect time. I understand that waiting can be frustrating, trust me I know – my husband and I have been trying for over four years and still no beautiful baby. However we know that our day will come soon. Praying for your success and your big fat positive at the most perfect time in your life.

I am destined2be a mama to a precious gift from God! Waiting patiently for for my ....4 years and counting!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo