Community post

Discussion

Pregnant with a brain tumour after mmc & ttc for two years!

Hi, im Octavia, married with two children born in 2010 and 2012.
Living in Yorkshire, UK.
I have endometriosis and struggle to conceive due to scarring along with stupid cycles abd annovulatory cycles thrown in.
In April 2014 i had a mmc - i miscarried naturally the day of my 12 week scan after being told the bean stopped growing at 7 weeks.
After the miscarriage i started getting bizarre symptoms which i put down to hormones etc, but in November 2015 and not falling pregnant and my periods getting further apart i was diagnosed with a brain tumour.
My consultant put me on drugs to shrink it and hopefully help me conceive my sorting my cycles but was told it could take a long time.
January 2016 i get a BFP! Totally flabbergasted and so are my doctors and consultants. Due about the end of september I think, wont know for sure until i have a scan, all assuming this is a sticky bean. I hope so. I feel much more positive this time and even though im only 6/7 weeks my bloaty/bumpness already looks obvious! Eeek!
Anyway just wanted to share my journey.
All the best,
Octavia.

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I wish you health for you and your little bean!

User Image

8 years ago

Congrats! I hope you and sticky bean have a happy and healthy 9 months!

please excuse any typos as I'm on my cell phone

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo