Community post

Discussion

Spotting to light bleeding, frustrated!!

Good morning all!

I got my first faint BFP 6 days ago.

User Image

The next day, started some extremely faint spotting. Light pink, only when I wiped. This has continued since then. I'm on Tricare (married to a servicemember) and got in with my PCM. At first, they were going to have me pee in a cup, but I insisted on bloodwork because I have a history of miscarriage and low progesterone (with my only successful pregnancies, I've had to take prometrium).

They FINALLY called me two days later, and they only said, "It was positive." I asked the nurse if she could give me the details of my results, and she said no, she wasn't authorized to give me that information.

Yesterday, I got in to see the OB, which was just filling out a ton of paperwork. I asked them, as well, about my bloodwork. No answer. The nurse put in a request for a phone consult, but she said it could take three days for someone to actually get back to me. Then, they scheduled me for my first "appointment" which is just a group orientation and not an actual appointment, and that itself is three weeks from now!

This morning, I had some bright red bleeding. A little bit heavier than the spotting I've been having, but red. I'm not having any real pain or anything, but red is generally not good. However, since then, the bleeding has stopped.

With my former miscarriages, whenever I'd start bleeding, HPTs would come back either negative or extremely faint. But my tests are still nice and dark.

User Image

I'm just frustrated and confused. And ANGRY. It just seems to me that a fricking doctor's office should show a little more concern. Or at the very least, they could repeat bloodwork to check hormone levels.

Any input, advice, words of encouragement... anything would be appreciated. I mostly just wanted to vent. Thanks for reading. :)

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I would say the fact your lines are getting darker is a good sign as normally your hcg drops and then the miscarriage occurs. Could be blood for many reasons its quite common. Id advise you to relax and take it as easy as you can, dont stress too much as it puts more pressure on yourself. xx

8 years ago

Just a small update (sort of)

Still spotting, always. But today's test is still nice and strong. The test line is slightly beating the control now. Going to try calling the doctor first thing Monday and insisting on some answers.

User Image

8 years ago • Post starter

My sister spotted/had light periods for sux months in one of her pregnancies. Its scary but hopefully your doc will give you the answers you need and deserve x

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo