Community post

Discussion

Ttc with OPK for the first time..need advice

Since I haven't gotten pregnant, I decided to try the opk. I had a lot of ewcm on CD 8 (starting in the pm) and days 9-11. On Cd 11, I got a positive opk. I expected to ovulate 24-36 hours after that but the next day i had little cm and was fairly dry by the afternoon....i expected more ewcm on the this day particularly. We bd on days 9-11 but couldn't on cd 12. Ug. Wondering if I missed the most important day! I don't temp, but will start next month....time is ticking.

I appreciate any insights you might have.

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi,
As long as you bd on the days leading up to o there is always a chance. With opk' s you keep testing until you get a negative again, it is normal to get two strong positives for me. I try bd for two days after my last positive as I want to cover my bases, it's not always possible with real life happening.
I would suggest using a sperm friendly lubricant when you bd as the wee swimmers need all the help they can get. You might also want to look into menstrual cups for after bd'ing, it keeps everything next to the cervix to increase chances. It helps if you are unable to stay in bed with pillows under your bottom for 1/2hr after bd'ing. That pesky life thing getting in the way again.
Bbt is a good way to check that you are actually ovulating which is great at putting those worries to bed. They say it is most likely to happen when you are relaxed and not stressed.
Good luck and hope you don't need to temp, as in you get a lovely

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo