Community post

Discussion

Hidden benefits of TTC

Just as a bit of fun for all those who have been on this journey for months or years, I thought I'd ask if anyone has found any little benefit to the process, especially if it involves extra chores picked up by your DH or SO .

Mine is that I haven't had to clean out the cat litter tray for over a year now

14 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 14 Replies | Last Page

HecRed how lucky you are! My DH said he will once I am since he knows I should not but not before lol

TTC since 9/13 Very First , 6/5/14

9 years ago

Hopefulunicorn - Tell him you can't do it during the TWW! (just in case)

9 years ago • Post starter

Haha! Isn't it great not having to clean it! He even says now 'well maybe you shouldn't, just in case'... Unfortunately once af comes, that week and a half or so before we start up again though, it's seems to suddenly be my job.

9 years ago

macymay - I got lucky and my DH thinks I shouldn't go near it as he doesn't want me catching the nasty bug whilst we're trying. I do feel a little guilty about it but I'm the only one who cleans the human loos in the house so I cope with the guilt!

So ladies - any self indulgencies that you find easier to justify or, on the other side of the coin, feel free to rant about all the things you have had to give up!

I wont push my luck on the cat boxes lol however I gave up smoking over 2 years ago to be prepared for last September. I have recently given up caffeine (for the most part... I do cheat occasionally especially after a bfn but before the tww) I have a drink or two during that time frame as well. I am more upset about not having a glass of wine after a hard day than the caffeine though.
Indulgences not so much. I usually only want chocolate or things like that right before af
What about you Lucy and Macymay?

9 years ago

We don't have any pets to clean up after, but we live in a 2nd floor apartment and I don't have to carry the groceries or heavy stuff up the stairs any more :-) I've reduced my caffeine to one small cup of half-caff and one small cup of tea every day (Doc says fine), but when af arrives i totally give in and have an espresso and a bar of chocolate. It's by way of consolation, it really perks me up when I'm feeling down :-)

9 years ago

Hopefulunicorn and miniray, I'm definitely with you on the chocolate at AF time! It's also the only time I let myself crack open of bottle of wine....I will miss not having any at all when I get that BFP!
TMI warning - I do miss sharing a romantic bath and bottle of wine with my DH...he's stopped getting in the tub to "protect the boys" LOL.

Miniray - nice to hear your SO is doing the heavy lifting. I think they like to feel we need them for things other than BDing!

I second you on the wine!

9 years ago

Wonder if it's worth trying alcohol free wine?!?

That exists?

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo