Community post

Discussion

BBT changes for the second time in my cycle after ovulation

Dear friends
I have been trying to get pregnant for three months.
This month I experienced a change in my BBT for the second time about 0.1 degree on 6dpo. Is it a promising symptom? Was it a sign of implantation? Am I pregnant or too much hopeful ??Please tell me whatever you know about it.

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi,
Implantation on a bbt chart is when your temperature dips below the coverline and bounces back up the following day. That's why it is revered to as an implantation dip. Your bbt will fluctuate naturally and things like disturbed sleep, cold feet, cuddling up to your dh, dreaming can also effect it.
Doing your bbt at first can be confusing and it usually takes a few months before we know what is normal for you, then you will notice any drastic changes.
Hope this will still be your month for a bfp, remember most women don't get any symptoms of implantation so it still could be.

8 years ago

Hi Setare!

Unfortunately the only thing BBT can tell you is that you've ovulated. Low post-O temps can sometimes indicate low progesterone, but that's the only other thing I've heard BBT can be used for.

Some women don't get an implantation dip when they're pregnant, so if you don't have one, it doesn't mean anything. If your temps go higher and higher after O, that could be a good sign as well, but not all pregnant women have a BBT chart like that either.

Sorry we don't have a straight-forward answer for you but I wish you the best of luck this cycle!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo