Community post

Discussion

When to break the news?

So, this is my first pregnancy. I've always been quite a pessimistic person whereby if anything good happens it's a bonus. I am also quite superstitious. HA, not boding well so far is it?! Of course, I am thrilled that I am pregnant but I am having arguments in my head about the best time to break the news.

When would you break the news to your immediate family?

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Thanks for helping everyone ha ha! ;-)

8 years ago • Post starter

I'm not pregnant yet but I guess I'm kinda crazy so I already bought shirts that say "I can't keep calm, I'm going to be a grandma" and "Promoted to grandpa". My fiance and I are living in another country at the moment and we're getting married here in a few months. So when they come down for the wedding (if I'm pregnant by then) I'm going to give them the shirts. But now I'm thinking if I got pregnant soon I might want to tell them over skype after we had our first doctor appointment. I also got my fiance a shirt that says "be nice to me, my wife is pregnant". So I might just have him put it on, skype them, and see if they notice. But first I need to get pregnant hahaha

8 years ago

Hi there,

I would wait until 9 -12 weeks of pregnancy.. alot of things may happened before that so better be certain.. miscarriage always happens before 9 weeks of pregnancy..if no one knows.. that means less stress.. :-D

User Image

8 years ago

I'm 10 weeks on Wednesday and have my scan scheduled at 12 weeks. These weeks have gone so slow!

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo