Community post

Discussion

totally confused after 2 day AF and pg symptoms

Hi all. Would love some feedback on this if possible. My DH and I have been TTC not always very actively since we got married in June 2015. I had my last proper period on 20th December 2015. Then was convinced we had caught this month as we DTD everyday during the fertile window over the new years holidays 31/12/15 to 06/01/2016 and beyond actually. After that (around 3PO) I caught a weird cold, and was very stuffy for about a week, it wouldn't shift. I felt different and thought that I may have been on track to a BFP, but didn't want to think about it too much as have got my hopes up every month! Then AF was late. I was convinced she wasn't going to show because I had absolutely NO PMS symptoms, no cramps, or sore boobs or tiredness like I ALWAYS get before AF. So she was late 2 days..then showed! But I only bled for one day, medium to heavy, then it stopped. I did not think this could be implantation bleeding because I always read that it is light. Anyway, since then I have had constant twinges on my right side under my belly button, and occasional cramps, that feel like pulling inside me. It's so strange! I have also been very nauseous and sensitive to smells the last 7-10 days. I wake up nauseous most mornings and in the middle of the night sometimes, I also had a really bad migraine and dizziness one day last week. So today (which would be either CD 15 OR 26DPO if that was not a period but implantation bleeding) we DTD again and I got some pink cloudy mucus which was like really glutinous. I had it yesterday too, loads of it! Like EWCM but cloudy and so much of it. I am still getting the twinges too. I don't want to test in case it is negative, and have a doctors appointment on Tuesday so am not sure what to do, whether to test at home, or just wait to see the doctor. I do hope this is it, but am trying so hard not to get my hopes up! Has anyone else had a BFP after a day of bleeding? Or am i just over thinking it?!

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi,
Implantation can be slightly heavier bleeding for some women but it only lasts for a day or two. It is very unusual which is why nearly every article relates to it as spotting but it has been documented online if you have the time to search.
The only way you can find out for certain is to take a test, at least then you are not stuck in this horrible place. The not knowing can be worse than getting a bfn.
I hope you get your bfp xx

8 years ago

Thank you so much for replying Kerzie! I tested last night..couldn't take it anymore. So got a BFN.. :( hopefuly god willing next month then..I am not getting much on the OPK either, and I guess I should be ov at this time if I am in the second cycle, so will try and catch up and fingers crossed for next month! baby dust to you too if you are ttc xx

8 years ago • Post starter

I'm having almost the same thing right now. I had some spotting last night, 7 dpo with AF due in 5 days. It never comes early so I got excited that it was implantation bleeding. But then today it was a lot heavier, like enough to halfway fill a light tampon, and bright red (sorry TMI). So I thought this was definitely my period. Now this afternoon (8 1/2 dpo) it stopped bleeding, but I still have cramps. I don't know what to think now. Just took a test, negative, but probably too soon anyway.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo