Community post

Discussion

Ttc in 2016

View Full Post

Welcome to anyone trying to conceive in 2016. Let's hope this will be the year full of
Blizzards of baby dust to everyone xx

2177 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

431 - 440 of 2177 Replies | Last Page

Kerzie, I was thinking about counselling, but English isn't mine and my dd's native language, and she really only started speaking it on September. I've been speaking English for years and I consider it my second language but sometimes even I struggle with communicating my thoughts feelings and emotions in English. Oh if anything we are Polish.;)
Thank you.

8 years ago

It might be worth a look online to see if any speak polish.
It could also be a stage, her way of dealing with all the change. Give her more positive attention for being good and try sending her to her room to cool down and think about things when her behaviour is inappropriate (but give a warning first). Give her ten mins and then try talk to her, if she is still in a bad mood leave her and try every five mins. It's something both you and your oh can do, take turns so no one is the bad or good guy. It's a more grown up version of the naughty step.
My ds is testing his boundaries and answering back in a cheeky way at the moment so I'm doing a very similar thing. He gets very proud when we praise him for being polite and considerate.
My ds best friend is polish, he comes home with a new word and loves that he knows something we don't.

By the way, I think you are both very brave coming here, it is so hard to give up everything that is familiar. I have lived in different countries but never with a child, have to ask... why pick a cold one? Tell your dd that I think she is amazingly clever learning a new language at such a young age

8 years ago • Post starter

Kerzie, the timeouts are quite difficult because she won't stop talking back.:P

I'll think about what you said, will look online.

And to answer your why question, it's a bit of a love-story why I came here.

Almost 4 years ago I visited a friend in UK and totaly fell in love with a country, then we went to a convention where I met an Englishman who I consider my soulmate and love of my life.
Since the day we met we have been talking basicly every single day.
We became friends, and after realizing that there is way more to us than friendship decided to try Long distance relationship. After over two years, as I wanted to finish my studies, of being long distance, I moved in here.
Tomorow will be a year since I moved over. :)

8 years ago

I think it's very romantic . I moved to Italy for a few years when I was younger to be with a man I loved so I totally believe in following your heart.
After two years you both deserve to be happy, it's a love story with a happy ending.
Is tomorrow a type of anniversary for you both then? Are you doing anything special?

Not have anything planned :(
As something special we had a bit of a fight today morning.
The date is more important to me than to him, we are cellebrating in December which is when we officialy started our relationship.
If you dont mind me asking, how long were you living in itally?

8 years ago

Of course I don't mind, it was on and off for 4/5 years. Towards the end I would spend longer and longer holidays visiting my family and then decided to go back to uni here. Being honest if my health hadn't started getting bad I don't think I would have come back and I was too ashamed to tell anyone. (See I moved to the sun, .
My dad joined the Air Force when I was 6 so I moved around a lot as a child. When I was 7 we lived in Germany for 3yrs, I loved it but it was very hard knowing my family were so far away, we were all so close. It will get easier for both of you xx

Happy Spring Ladies!

Welcome Charming!

39 - I am with you about chilling...since I started all of the supplements and preparations I do feel constantly aware of how it isn't happening quickly. I am a terrible worrier....and that makes it worse. It is constantly on my mind and therefore I am more aware of how hard it is to ttc. But alas...since I just stared all of the supplements I must give them time to see if they work. I am always hopeful that 'THIS' will be my month!

Ania - sorry to hear about the stress this is causing you, but I agree with the other ladies that in time things will get sorted. I, too, grew up with divorced parents. I had step a mom and dad...and even though in the beginning (I was a preteen then they divorced) I was sad and probably took it out on them unfairly, they were great. I am so lucky to have my extended family and wouldn't change a thing.

AFM - CD13 and have started testing. So far not a positive on the OPKs...which is making me feel worried or concerned or something... Just trying to stay positive and healthy (body & mind). I just had no idea it would be so hard emotionally for me. I guess i knew it might not happen immediately, but you still hope!

I've been temping, but my temps seem so low. like 96.98 was this am and they are all around that. Hoping I've not gotten a bad thermometer. Checking cervix and CM daily... on CD 13 I would have thought i would have gotten at least a low on the OPK testing...is that weird?
I think after trying for a few months I feel a little discouraged. It helps to come and read you guys support of each other...even if not directed at me, sometimes it still hits home. I finally got DH happily on board and taking some supplements (can't hurt, right? ) and that helps a little emotionally to have him to talk to...he realized how down I was after the last bfn... I was really hoping to have my second before I turned 41, but now I will just be happy to be pregnant before my 41st!! I feel that clock...and it is ticking so loud it keeps me up at night!

Sending you all and

8 years ago

Lunar.
Low temps are normal before ovulation, oestrogen has that effect. Once you have been sleeping a few hours you get your lowest body temp, during the day you will run at a higher temp so don't worry. It's just more reliable to compare first morning temps as the conditions are as close to "the same" as you can get.
After ovulation you will see a jump in your temperatures which is satisfying.
Your opk will register, mine doesn't happen until cd17 so try not worry.

Oh Kerzie!

I was so glad to read your positive (and helpful) response. I was just reading something that said sometimes waking temps below 97 are indicative of Hypothyroidism! Of course, then i started to freak a little (aka cry) thinking...great, just one more obstacle!

I even ordered a new thermometer! I don't like mine anyway...it is not backlit (and as you can imagine that is not easy to read in the dark at 500am)

Whew. it is nice to hear your take on the matter as well as your comparison of when you ovulate. I am not freaking out now.

Thank you!

8 years ago

Lovely to hear from you Lunar and dont worry about temps, according to my new bible temps can be all over the place before ov, mine I noticed are always the opposite, very high compared to everyone else's, just under 98 before ov and above 98 after, just under 99, book said I could have overactive thyroid with high temps like that so maybe its something I will have to mention to docs at some point
Im on my 4th thermometer, 1st broke, 2nd n 3rd was unreliable, this one I got now is much more reliable and consistent
My dh tablets arrived today, now we got wellman and wellwoman tabs to take together lol, been taking mine for 4 months though, hope his work quicker
to all -x-x-x-

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo