Community post

Discussion

Late ovulation after cipro for kidney infection

Had anyone else conceived right when they got done taking cipro? I started my 10 day dose 6 days after af ended. I normally ovulate around cd 18(right when I took my last cipro pill) and have a 31 day cycle. After looking at my calendar I think I ovulated cd 26 and I'm now 5 days late. I took a pregnancy today and it's negative but if I ovulated when I think I did then I would be 11dpo. I was so hopeful this month until I realized that cipro messed up my cycle. Now I'm not sure what to think.

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi,.
I can't answer your question as I'm going through the same thing this month but I'm on 8dpo. I was on antibiotics for kidneys and tonsils this month and I have ovulated late too. They did cause an excess amount of ewcm and I had an ovulation bleed for the first time, ovulation was really strong (was kinda painful) I'm off them now but my tummy has been really crampy ever since leaving me wondering if it's a weird effect from the antibiotics and I'm out this month.
How about you any weird signs?

8 years ago

My stomach has been crampy too I actually went to the dr 3 days ago and he is ordering a cat scan of my abdomen and pelvis because I have had pain on and off in my stomach. But symptoms this month that I haven't had are insomnia the last 3 nights and very dry mouth. I also had 2 very bad dizzy spells I grabbed onto the closest thing by me excuse I thought I was going to faint. When I normally ovulate I had 3 days of ewcm then a few days later I had another 3 days of ewcm and what felt like ovulation cramps and they were pretty bad too. I made sure to let my dr know I'm late but he seems to think I'm not pregnant even though he didn't do a test or blood work for it. So I'm going to make sure I test before my cat scan. My cervix has been all over the place some days open then later that day closed again so I stopped checking

8 years ago • Post starter

My step mom said the last time she took cipro she said it messed with her stomach for months and she took a probiotic to help

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi,
Yes, yes, yes, didn't think the dizziness could be due to the meds, I thought I was really unlucky and now had some inner ear problem. I also got REALLY bad indigestion, heartburn and reflux with the meds and will definitely try probiotics to get rid of the aftereffects. Thanks for that tip.
Try your stepmoms method before paying for a costly catscan, the meds were certainly responsible for giving me 'ulcer' symptoms. If the cramps in my abdomen don't go away after af I will go to my docs but think I may be sensitive to certain antibiotics and will be sure to tell a doc before going on them again.
I hope you feel better soon and you are right to be safe and check with a test.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo