Community post

Discussion

Questions on ovulation trackers

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to understand what my cycle is doing right now. So for the last few months I have ovulated on day 13 of my cycle, occasionally day 14. I am using the clear blue ovulation test sticks and as of today, day 13, I am still showing low to now fertility. I should at least be seeing high fertility if not peak fertility by now. Last month was my first month using the tests and on day 12 I had low to no fertility and day 13 showed max fertility. Is it possible that I have a very short window and that my LH levels don't surge for long? Would this make it more difficult to get pregnant ? My husband and I just started trying on my last cycle but we're disappointed when we didn't conceive. I know it takes most ppl a couple of months at least but I have to say, I thought it would be easy. Every female in my family has many kids and they all got pregnant very quickly.
Just wondering if anybody has more information on why my tests would go from negative to peak fertility overnight and if this means we have a shorter window.

Thanks ladies.

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Maybe it's more likely that I will just be ovulating later than usual this month ? My CM is still more like school glue. L.. Hasn't yet thinned out. Hmmm. Just not sure what to think.

8 years ago • Post starter

I recently learned that the digital opks that give you flashing and still smileys detect estrogen rise levels first which in turn will give you flashing smiley (or high fertility) that means you should get a still smiley (or ovulate) soon. The still smiley is the LH surge that you actually look for the most it's because it tells you that you will O in 12 to 36hrs.

To make it more clear - your estrogen rises before LH surge. LH surge means you will O soon so if your estrogen is up and down you may get mixed results prior to an actual LH surge

Oh and BTW - I started using the internet cheapies this month. I would test 3 times a day - morning, afternoon, and evening. I never had a gradual darkening of lines. Lines were barely even there in the afternoon and out of nowhere all of the sudden in the evening POSITIVE. I've read that most women don't have any "build up" prior to the surge.

Ok I'm done now lol Good luck!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo