Community post

Discussion

opk positive test 5dpo

Hi I had a strong positive opk on 22nd so think that's when I ovulated done another yesterday and was negative but done one today and its positive again could I be pregnant

18 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 18 Replies | Last Page

They say that OPKs can detect an early pregnancy ( they did with me) so u might just be pregnant. Fingers crossed! When will u take a HPT? How many DPO are u?

8 years ago

Hi. I'm only 5dpo ill do a test Sunday if I can wait long enough lol. I had positive opk on my 2nd baby but didn't do it this early. Just wishful thinking I think xx

8 years ago • Post starter

I think starting to test on Sunday is good. Keep me updated :)

8 years ago

OPKs detect LH hormone. It's possible for your body to produce this hormone and not actually ovulate. So, it could be that your body had an LH surge on the 22nd but isn't actually ovulating until now. The only way to know for sure that you've ovulated (without having to go to the doctor for an ultrasound) is by charting your temperature and looking for the temp rise. If you're already doing this, did you see a temp rise on the 23rd?

It is possible for OPKs to detect the pregnancy hormone, but they're not as sensitive as pregnancy tests. So, if you are pregnant and it was registering on an OPK, it would also show up on a pregnancy test.

Best of luck to you!

8 years ago

Aww thank you will keep you updated. Probably me wishful thinking but ill keep my fingers crossed lol xxx no wasn't going my temp . Been having hot flushes all week feeling sicky and very tired all I have done is wee (sorry for tmi) xx

Don't think I'm pregnant just think my brains working over time.... All I've done for 4 days is wee my belly feels like my bladder is full all the time... Also yesterday I was almost sick . Every time I eat I feel really sick after woods. Hope I am pregnant ... Will no by Wednesday hopefully xxx

Hey Angie, saw ur HPT, I see a faint line too but it is still very early so don't get discouraged if u see a lot of negatives. Fingers crossed for two lines!!

8 years ago

Hi hun. Thank you. Just my mind running away with it lol. Wont do another till sunday now lol. Hope its positive this month xxx

Let me know when u upload a picture!

8 years ago

Will do hun xx

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo