Community post

Discussion

5th month TTC, getting depressed

Im 27, my husband is 26 and we have been trying to have a baby for 5 months now. Last month, I got a bfp at 17 dpo and 2 days late. We were ecstatic. We thought the baby we had been praying for was finally here. Wrong. I miscarried at 5 weeks. And ever since then my heart has been broken and aching.

We wanted to try again right away, and my dr said we could. My hcg was back at zero so I started using my OPKs again and we did the dance every single day I was fertile and then some. I was desperate to be pregnant again and wanted to do everything I could to help it happen.

Well. Im 8 dpo today. And MISERABLE. Everyone around me is a mother or pregnant and I do mean everyone. This month has dragged as slow as it possibly could and all I can think about is how I CANNOT take another month of this. Im dying to have a baby. I want this more than I've ever wanted anything. Im scared, mad, sad, and exhausted from feeling that way.

I plan to test on 10 dpo. Expecting a BFN and an early AF because thats just how life seems to go for me. Im a Christian woman and I have faith, but I feel so drained and tired of this whole process and I haven't even hit a year. It shouldn't be this upsetting only 5 months in. None of us should have to go through this agony.

I just had to let this out. And I need to talk to someone who has been where I am and got the happy ending to this part of the story.

Please, someone help me feel better.

7 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

I'm actually in the same cycle as you! Trying for 5 months and 8dpo today. Its so hard to wait to test! 5 months is nothing compared to some women on here so I feel bad complaining. I guess I always thought it would not take very long. Try to stay positive, when the time is right it will happen. Good luck!

User Image

9 years ago

Hugs sweetie! Happy endings are possible, I know. I became pregnant with my rainbow baby 9 months after losing my first little one. She is now an amazing 7 year old that I thank God for every day. It is times like this that you need to lean on God and put all your anger, and sadness and fear into His hands, and let Him comfort you. Keeping you in my prayers.

9 years ago

I think I just have to take a few steps back and let what will be, be. I jave let TTC consume me and it has affected my life in negative and unhealthy ways. I believe God has a plan and when I'm meant to have a baby I will. Im going to still give this cycle the benefit of the doubt, but if AF comes, so be it. My time will come.

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi. I lost a baby last year in August myself I was supposed to be ten weeks it was only developed to 6 weeks at the last ultrasound. My husband and I have been trying since December with the help of clomid so far no BFP for me either. I know what you are going through it is so sad to see the BFN every month. Hopefully we both get positives this month

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

9 years ago

Hi there, I am so so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine how heartbreaking that was to experience. I really hope you get good news soon. I think we just have to keep ourselves happy. It's really easy to fixate on what we don't have but we just have to push on and keep enjoying our lives.

Well AF came right on time today. :( Any luck with you happilymarried?

User Image

9 years ago

Aww bummer! Its okay though, that just means you're one month closer. No sign of AF yet. Idk if I will be on time or not this month so I wont test unless its been several days.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo