Community post

Discussion

3 MO post D&C. Too soon for symptoms or to get preg? 8DP

I was curious if anyone was in a similar situation like me, so we could compare notes. :-)
Backstory: I always had light periods my whole life. I became pregnant for the first time at 28 years old. Once she was born, I had periods from hell. I went on tons of hormones to try and stop bleeding. Once I bled for 6 months straight (except for 4 whole days...) and had to wear adult diapers. The biggest pads and tampons in the world couldn't keep it from going anywhere after 20 minutes.
Anyway, finally my insurance approved Mirena for my bleeding. I wasn't sexually active but absolutely needed to quit bleeding. It worked well, at least considering I only spotted all the time but never really bled like a normal period. But after 2 years of the mirena, I moved and had an appt with a new doctor and asked if I could do anything to stop spotting every day of my life. He did an ultrasound, and I had large polyps thay developed since putting in the Mirena. He scheduled surgery for D&C and polypectomy.

Present Day: It has been about 3 months since the surgery. They had to surgically remove the mirena, and the polyps and cleaned me out. I decided not to go on any BC because I wanted to see how I would cycle on my own after all of these years. Had a 2 day heavy BUT bright and clear period, then cycled for 26 days (I cannot tell you how excited I was to have what seems to be a normal cycle!!!) And then a period that was normal and bright for five days.
I ovulated on (a close guess) the 20th of this month. I don't have many cycles to compare but my predicted AF is August 1.

SYMPTOMS: I believe that we possibly conceived on the 19th. 3 days after that, I had gas and cramping. 6dpo I about hurled from taking out the trash, and I have a stomach of steel. Ever since 3dpo, I cramp and feel so bloated. I'm so sleepy but I cannot fall asleep easily. Probably the number one thing that seems off to me is that I am always a stomach sleeper, but my uterus area feels so uncomfortable to lay on for the past few days. Like it is full and feels under too much pressure when I lie down on my stomach, so I cannot get comfortable and I'm losing sleep.

Has anyone else had a D&C to remove excess lining and polyps from the uterus, and became pregnant soon after? I am so sorry for the long story. I can't help myself sometimes. I love details for comparison. Today I am 8dpo with a BFN this morning, as I expected. I'm just unsure why I feel so different since around ovulation, and wondered if it was even possible to get pregnant so soon after being on the mirena for 2 years and having a D&C and polypectomy 3 months ago.
Thanks to all replies, and good luck to each of you!

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I suffered a MC in june and opted out of the D&C for fear of damage during the surgery. But in your case it was absolutely necessary. I surely hope that it hasn't effected your chances. I am also 8dpo and experiencing the same type of symptoms.
I've been cramping since ov, which isn't a typical symptom for me, I usually just cramp one day before expected AF.
I too have been slightly nauseous as of yesterday. Seems to be when my stomach is empty tho. Weird. Plus I just have a feeling. Like I did when I fell preg last time, but sadly ended in MC at 7w. I surely Hope you conceived this cycle! I'll keep checking on your post, let us know if you get that

LOTS OF STICKY BABY DUST YOUR WAY!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo