Community post

Discussion

6 dpo very little cm... Am I out?

So this might sound like a dumb question but I have to get some opinions. I'm 6 dpo today. I usually have quite a bit of cm through my entire cycle. I have very little cm this time though. I've noticed most get a lot of creamy cm before their BFP. Just wondering if anyone has had little to no cm before getting their BFP? Could it mean I'm out this month?

20 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 20 Replies | Last Page

I dont think ur cm makes much difference at this point. I tend to have a fair amount after O, this cycle was prob a little less than my norm. I got a bfp at 8dpo and pretty much dried right up after that. With my daughter, I went through the whole pregnancy with no increase at all. I had more on BFN cycles than I did when I was preg with her. It's different for every woman and every pregnancy, just the same as hormones vary for each. Don't stress it, the only time u don't wanna be dry is for O.

Good luck! =))

8 years ago

One thing that I've learned during 10 months of TTC is that symptoms (or lack of symptoms) are meaningless. This is unfortunate as it makes it impossible to determine whether of not we're pregnant until a test is taken.

Even if you were successful this cycle, 6dpo would be way too early for there to be enough pregnancy hormones (if any) in your system to cause any symptoms.

Some women will experience more CM during the first weeks of their pregnancy. Some will experience less. The rest will experience the same. Some women experience spotting, some don't. Some women have higher temperatures on their chart, some don't. I think the TWW would be easier to endure if there was one formula that applied to everyone, but unfortunately that's not the reality.

I'm also 6dpo today! Hang in there and maybe take a test over the weekend. Best of luck to you.

8 years ago

Thanks for the replies ladies. I know it's way too early to test. I'm holding out until 10 dpo (trying to anyways). I know everyone is different. I also know each cycle is different. TWW craziness is what it should be called, scientifically.
>>Sophe28 having any symptoms at 6dpo?

8 years ago • Post starter

dakotagurrl... thanks so much. That makes me feel a little better.

FireGurl79 - Try not to stress over your symptoms... And I completely agree with Sophe28 that symptoms are almost always meaningless until you know you've conceived that cycle! Hang in there!! I'm also at 5-6dpo today. Planning to test this Friday. I know it is too early - but what can I say . I'm a POAS addict . Had a bit of spotting today for about 3 hours or so, it reignited my addiction to test this Friday .

to all!

Best,
DP

User ImageUser Image

8 years ago

aquapd- thanks for the reply. I know the POAS addiction, I'm definitely with you there. I'm also one to symptom spot, which is what has made this cycle odd for me, I don't have any of the usual pre AF symptoms that I always do. Who knows, was just kinda curious what done other experiences have been. Fx this is your month & you'll get that bfp. Keep me updated.

FireGurl79, I had a lot of cramping today but that's the only symptom I've experienced so far during this TWW. Of course I'm hoping it's implantation cramping, but trying not to symptom spot. I'll probably wait to test on Sunday which will be 12 dpo for me. Or maybe I'll pick up a dollar store test and give it a try on Friday or Saturday.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes this cycle!

8 years ago

Sophe28- here's to hoping it was implantation for you. Keep us posted. I had pinching kinda by my left ovary for a couple days, but as of yesterday it was gone.

Update... my cm has increased today & is in between watery & creamy. I also had some dull cramping this morning for a few minutes but that's gone now. Still completely lack any other of my usual pre AF symptoms.

Thanks for the update! So, today is 9dpo for you? My CM has also picked up a bit. I had cramping on 5 and 6dpo, but nothing since. Bb's hurt badly, but that's normal for me during the TWW. So, nothing unsual for me yet, but it's still early.

When is your period due? Mine is due next Thursday but I might test on Monday (13dpo). Fingers crossed!

8 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo