Community post

Discussion

TTC at 29 with boyfriend who is 22

Long story short was married nine years got divorced couple years ago me and my boyfriend of going on two years is TTC. My ex always blamed me bu I went to the obgyn everything is fine but I am still having problems. Regular period taking Robitussin at beginning of my ovulation to thin cm and taking prenatal to help make sure I'm healthy I need help inspiration tips something ! Please!

12 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 12 Replies | Last Page

Lovinggood29

My husband and I got pregnant on secondf try. I very firmly believe what helped was our diet. We both changed our diet over six months ago and before the pregnancy we both had remarkable changes without any effort other than eating well. Exercise certainly helps as both work together hand in hand, but something I did long before trying to conceive was cut out all packaged, fast food, canned and frozen meals. I did tons of research on how food effects fertility, illness, disease and cancer, and found that while lists of chemically processed foods can lead to all sorts of health issues, eating a wholesome and nutrition dense diet, actually could cure those issues, or at least minimize the health problems or even prevent them.

I will say my husband and I are plant-based (vegan) but I am in no way suggesting you take your diet that far. The only time we eat "packaged" foods is if it has less than 5 ingredients and we know what each and every ingredient listed means. For example mustard, it has like four ingredients and I can read all of them. You may wonder what on earth we eat, but I can assure you we eats tones. grains, beans, legumes, nuts, seeds, fruits and veggies most of which are naturally filled with antioxidants, rich in nutrients, fiber and things that a prenatal vitamins provide but are synthetic (in some cases not as effective, based on some studies I looked up.) I drink two smoothies a day one for breakfast and one for dinner, with multiple frozen fruits mixed with my Vega One Protein powder (provides 50% of daily nutrition per serving!) my doctor said I don't need prenatal vitamins if I eat like I say I do and have the protein powder.

It may sound stupid, but correcting our diet has lead to our health turning completely around, and I firmly believe that it has corrected some hormonal imbalances that I had which used to cause me to have wet irregular painful periods and now though my periods may not be perfectly spaced apart they are far more predictable and I have no symptoms of PMS anymore.

I hope this helps! The best of luck to you and your boyfriend!

8 years ago

*very irregular periods

8 years ago

Thank you. I myself have went from 220lbs to 150lbs I feel much better. My boyfriend is training for marines so he's taking care of himself and we go to the gym it has been what helped my period finally become regular! I had irregular periods from age of sixteen til I was twenty seven. I was told by my obgyn that the depo shot caused it to mess up when I was sixteen. Has anyone heard of taking Robitussin to help with cm?

8 years ago • Post starter

I have heard of that I have also heard of woman using mucinex!

8 years ago

I heard of that also. My obgyn had put me on progesterone but it made me feel yucky. He changed it I can't remember what the other was and it helped my periods BC I skipped a month about seven months ago. I worry that my eggs aren't good. BC tmi but me and the bf have sex twice a day everyday and nothing lol

Hi,
There are a lot of vitamin and supplements that you can take to help with fertility and egg health. Look up fertility vitamins and supplements and you can research which ones could be of help to you.
The basic ones are usually vit c, vit b6 (pyridoxine), vit b complex (to balance the vit b6), ZINC (great for you and dh), co enzyme q10 (UBIQUINOL) and royal jelly (again great for both)
Think of using preseed or a sperm friendly lubricant to help things get where they are meant to be as cm can be hostile to sperm. Also if you are unable to lay with a pillow under your butt for a while after bd'ing then look into menstrual cups to hold everything next to your cervix, increasing your chances.
Sorry if it sounds intense but I wish I had known earlier that I could improve my chances.
Always use opk' s so you know when to get busy in advance, make sure your luteal phase is long enough (I had to take supplements to lengthen mine)
Most important is to have fun with it.
Hope I have helped a little. Oh and Robitussin is great for cm, I just can't stand the taste.
Hope you get your soon

8 years ago

Forgot to add, rub it in why don't you!! 22, you go girl

8 years ago

Man of my dreams! He's more mature and a million times more of a man than my ex who was in his thirties! What did you take to lengthen your luteal phase? The similiac prenatal I take has all those vitamins cept royal jelly. I don't like Robitussin but if it helps I will. I figured I didn't have children with my ex BC it wasn't meant to be. He was controlling abusive and may I add cheated with 13 other people during our ten year relationship/marriage. I got tested I'm clean but I still feel dirty. My new man he's so supportive he tells me daily he wants twins lol I'd be over the moon just to have one with this man! If u could maybe give me a list of some of the actual supplements I shall try them!! Thank you so much!! I've not had anyone to talk to BC my sister was blessed with four children by the time she was twenty four so I feel so alone.

Oh I use ovia app to help track its pretty spot on but I'm nine months in with no luck not stressing to bad bit when I'm a day late I get to excited..lol me being so focused on it I found out I had a chemical pregnancy and usually they go unnoticed it broke my heart. Next month I'm on this BC I'm out this month AF started three days ago but I'm pumped for the next one lol

Hi,
If your lp is near the 14 days it's not worth messing about with your hormones. I take 400mg of vitex in the morning and again at bed. Also vitamin b6, check the level you are taking 100 - 200mg per day works wonders for your lp.
If you are serious about trying for twins casava root and soy isoflavones (which act a bit like clomid does)can help you to produce more that one egg each month. Not sure of the success rate but it can produce multiples in some. I don't think you can take vitex and iso flav together though as they cancel each other out.
The question is do you want twins? I'm glad you have found someone that treats you good, we all deserve that.

8 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo