Community post

Discussion

Upcoming IVF/IUI 2016

Hello ladies, I use to be on this group way back when. Was TTC after a TR. But we moved on to IVF. I see there is a January 2016 IVF/IUI Group but didn't see one for upcoming IVF/IUI so I thought I would start one :)

A bit about me and our journey

I have 4 beautiful children from a previous marriage. After my 4th child was born I had my tubes tied. I remarried and had my tubal ligation reversed. It was successful but we still hadn't conceived. After 3 months of trying we did 3 rounds of clomid. Still no luck. I then had a hysteroscopy and HSG test done and found that both tubes were blocked with scar tissue. I was able to have one tube unblocked but there was no guarantee it would stay unblocked. More months of TTC and no luck.
So off to IVF. We started our first IVF cycle in January 2015. Had 12 eggs pulled and 8 fertilized. First cycle failed, frozen cycle failed, and our next cycle worked. We found out we were having twins!!! At my 19 week anatomy scan my cervix was extremely funneled and I had 10 mm of cervix left. Had an emergency cerclage placed. Unfortunately the cerclage didn't work and I delivered my son and daughter on Nov 30, 2015. We were crushed. My cervix was too short and I had also contracted a nasty infection and the only option was to deliver our angels.
I will now be seeing a high risk MFM and also will be having a preventative cerlage placed at 14 weeks if we are able to conceive again. We still have 4 embryos left so our fingers are crossed that one of them will be our sticky rainbow baby.

Upcoming FET will be March/April after I have another hysteroscopy done to ensure there was no damage done to my uterus during my D&C.

Hoping to see some ladies on here going through or on the road to starting IVf/IUI and hear of your positive pregnancy tests!!

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I just went through my first IVF cycle in March/April. My ovaries had a hard time responding to my stims and I ended up with 9 eggs, but only six were fully developed. All 6 fertilized. I had two transferred on 4/2 (3-day transfer) and only 1 of my remaining embryos made it to freezing. Scheduled to get my first HCG blood test on 4/16, but I cheated and took an HPT this morning (8dp3dt) and it came back negative, so it's not looking too promising.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo