Community post

Discussion

7dpo (CD21) Bloodtest results?

Hello Ladies!

Long story short: I am healthy, 32 years old, my husband is healthy and 33. He has 2 children from a previous marriage (10 & 8yrs old). I had a large dermoid cyst removed in Feb 2011 and lost one ovary and fallopian tube but at that time my other ovary was healthy. I have been off HBC since Oct '14 and have been temping every since (We did take 3 months off from everything and went to NTNP while I was starting a new job and we were moving) and started up again my previous cycle.

I just had my CD21 (which worked out to be exactly 7dpo) blood work yesterday. I haven't heard from my doctor yet but was able to look up my results on my eHealth website. (I'm in Canada).... Of course that means I have been googling like a crazy person.

Results:

FSH 5.9 U/L

TSH 3.96 mU/L

Estradiol 253 pmol/L

Progesterone 44.4 nmol/L

My question is specifically about my TSH - from what I can find normal range is 0.3-5.5, however, there are new guidelines that say 0.3-3.0 are the "new normal" and that for TTC it should be between 1-2 for optimum fertility. All I can find though, is forum discussions - no real articles or "fact" websites on those numbers.

Do any of you ladies have any links to sites with numbers/studies? I expect to hear from my doctor today or tomorrow to discuss my results but am worried she may not think my numbers are too high?? Or does anyone see any redflags with my numbers? They also did a CBC and everything was in the middle of normal ranges? Any similar stories? I'm so ready for some answers.

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I think all your numbers look fine. The TSH for fertility treatment purposes will be up to your RE for how they want to treat it. Mine started out like 4.96 I believe before IVF. Then he brought it way down from there close to 1. Currently at my new clinic, my TSH is around 3.5, and my RE hasnt suggested any Synthroid this far. It's really up to the physician for what they feel is ideal for your fertility treatment. Discuss it with your RE, and you'll feel better about it. Good luck.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo