Community post

Discussion

HCG levels

Hey ladies

4 weeks pregnant over here and freaking out about another possible MC.
I took a HPT and it was a little lighter than yesterday's
(just found out yesterday my rainbow baby is on its way)
Then my doctor calls me today saying that my progesterone levels are ok but my HCG levels are low (14 to be exact) and to come back to do a follow up tmrw to see if the numbers double.

Is 14 bad?
Anybody else have low HCG levels?

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

It all depends on when implantation occurred and your levels before then. Really, it all comes down to the second draw, and if it's doubling like it's suppose to. Don't count yourself out just yet. Has it been 4 weeks from your last period or 4 weeks from Ovulation? To be 4 wks pregnant it would be nearly 2 weeks after a missed period. Hopefully all is well and numbers double like they should, and there is always a possibility your calculations of how far you are, are off? You just never know.

Mill

8 years ago

Thanks for replying, my LMP was December 20th.

No idea when I ovulated, I got my first positive OPK Dec 28th (3weeks ago) and got 20 more positives after that. I kept getting positives and it turned out it was just reading an early pregnancy I guess. No way I ovulated for that long.

I thought maybe I just ovulated twice and might be getting twins but from my HCG it doesn't look like it. Cuz aren't ur numbers suppose to be super high for twins?

8 years ago • Post starter

If your last period was 12/20, there is no way you are 4 wks preggo, maybe 1-2 wks. Ovulation generally occurs about 14 days give or take from the start of your period. And then implantation doesn't occur until about 6-12 days after ovulation. So again, you may be just barely pregnant, hence the low numbers. I dunno about the constant positives? But it may have just been a really fertile month? Opk' are never a sure thing. And testing everyday is no good either, lol, every urine is different. Sometimes it's less concentrated and so forth. So, again, way too early to worry. Odds are, the next test will double just fine! :-) Good luck...

Mill

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo