Community post

Discussion

Wolff-Parkinsons White, PCOS, Hashimotos

Has anyone conceived AFTER finding out they have Wolff-Parkinsons White? I was diagnosed with Hashimotos and those levels are finally normal, PCOS and taking metformin. But now having the new diagnosis of Wolff-Parkinsons White cardiac syndrome. I know that with the rapid pulse they recommend getting the cath and taking medications to control it. I am waiting to see my cardiologist next week, but I was wondering if anyone had any success stories of TTC with Wolff-Parkinsons White?? I am going to remain hopeful!

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Obviously I am going to wait to TTC until after this condition is under control, but I just wondered if anyone had a success story? :)

8 years ago • Post starter

As a cardiac nurse who works in the electrophysiological field; I would recommend that you have a discussion with your cardiologist/ electrophysiologist about your plans to concieve. I never heard of WPW affecting ones firtility if that is what you are curious about. That being said, there are pregnancy and breastfeeding risks involved with taking some of the cardiac medications to treat WPW as well as procedures like cath or ablations. Your doctor should be able to advise specifically on your risks. Ensuring that you are healthy is of upmost importance to the health of any developing pregnancies. Best of Luck!

8 years ago

Thank you Orchid902209! I have a cardiology appointment in a couple of days, so hopefully we will get some answers on the risks. Thank you for your reply. I am new to this diagnosis, so I am still trying to get as much information as possible. I am just so heartbroken at the thoughts of having to close the book on TTC, but I know that I need to think of both the risks for baby and myself. Thank you for the response. I greatly appreciate it.

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo