Community post

Discussion

TTC Dad here

Hi Folks -

TTC DH here and looking for some feedback. My wife and I are TTC and doing 50 mg of Clomid on 2nd cycle. She has PCOS and 31 yo. She took days 5-9 ending on 12/26. We used the Clear Blue digital and it showed low fertility on 11. She is supposed to O on day 12 so we BD on 12/31, 1/1, 1/3, 1,4 and 1/5. My count is VERY high so I am in good shape there, like 280 million type high with 88 percent mobility. The clear blue said she was at peak fertility on 1/4.

So a few questions

1) are we timing the BD and testing right?

2) what in your opinion is the success rate of Clomid on second try?

3) when would you start with POAS and when would you use the higher priced ones?

Thanks and hopefully men are welcome here :)

5 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I dont have any knowledge about PCOS, so I can't help in that department.
Where do you get that she was supposed to ovulate on CD12? If the OPK said she was at peak fertility on 1/4, which would be CD18, then she probably ovulated within that day or the next 2 days. Since you BD'd that day and the next, that is good. However I would suggest that she start temping to confirm that she is ovulating and pinpoint when its happening. Continue to use OPK's to figure out when it might happen and as soon as she is at peak fertility, start BDing every day or every other day until ovulation is confirmed.

I would suggest waiting until her missed period to test. Implantation can happen anytime between 6-12dpo and you can't get a positive for a couple days after that happens. Expensive tests are not necessary. You will want the ones with the pink dye though, not blue as they can give off false positives. The dollar tree and walmart have pink dye tests for $1 that work just as well as the higher priced ones. A lot of people do like the First Response Early Response tests too. However dont get the ones with the curved handle, they tend to give false positives from what I've heard. Also the Rapid Results ones are not as sensitive. Same with digitals.

Good luck.

TTC #2

8 years ago

Thanks for the reply. If she O'd on 1/4, wouldn't that be CD14 of day one of cycle was 12/22? Maybe my math is off.

Also CD12 was supposed to be when she O'd based on the Clomid days 5-9

8 years ago • Post starter

Of course men are welcome...its nice that ur getting involved in more than just the sex part lol!

Ok, so ur supposed to count cycle days starting with the first day of her period. It sounds like ur counting from the first day she took clomid, which u stated to be cd5-9. Anyways, there's no way she would have ovulated on cd12 if she took clomid cd5-9, it's just too soon after the last dose for hormones to start firing off in the correct order. U more than covered ur bases with bd'ing, I wouldn't worry too much about that.
Assuming she ovulated on 1/5 (the day after the 1st +OPK is avg O day), she could start testing tomorrow if she's an addict, and Tuesday if she wants a fairly accurate answer. Tuesday would be 14dpo, which is the avg luteal length.
I'm not sure what the success rate for the 2nd round is, it took me 5 rounds to get a bfp. Definitely don't give up tho, it will happen eventually! =))

Best of luck!

8 years ago

I know you said you were a little thrown by the math. You count cd 1 as the first day of her period. You took clomid cd 5-9 ending on December 26th. The 26th was cd 9. 12/27th cd 10, 28th cd11, 29th cd 12, 30th cd13, 31st cd14, 1/1st cd15, 2nd cd16, 3rd cd17, and 4th cd18. You should have covered your bases.
Women generally ovulate between 7-10 days after their last pill, which was cd 9. Cd 4 showed peak which means she probably ovulated that day or the day after. And you Bd'd most the days around the 4th and 5th so, you definately have a shot this month.

Mill

8 years ago

Hi,
My friend had pcos and was put on clomid. She was advised to take it from cd2 to cd6 so she would ovulate around cd14. If she had the trigger shot she would have taken it from cd5. She didn't progress with any further medication because she got her bfp with cycle two (three at the most). They were going to go the iui root but got lucky.
Hope you get your bfp this month.
If you use cheap internet dip tests start from 10dpo if you are desperate to know, the ultra early tests can give faint positives early on. People tend to use the more expensive tests to confirm a positive. As long as it doesn't devastate your dw each time she gets a negative it doesn't do any harm, if she does get upset it's probably best to wait until a missed period.
Good luck to you both

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo