Community post

Discussion

Starting Vitex/Chasteberry as of today! LP issues

Hi ladies! I took my first round of Vitex today and was wondering if anyone else is starting to take it while TTC. If you have taken it please share your experiences as well. I'm taking it to lengthen my LP (sometimes 10 days) and hopefully stop the luteal phase spotting almost each month before AF. I have irregular cycles 22-30 days. My doctor is not helpful and believe it or not I have not even been diagnosed with a LP defect but I figured vitex can't hurt. She doesn't even have an explanation for why I'm spotting. She was quick to prescribe clomid. I've read stories how clomid made the spotting worse and since I don't even have a diagnosis I'd like to try this rout first and see how it goes. Looking for a new OBGYN while doing so :)))) Can't wait to hear your stories.

12 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 12 Replies | Last Page

HI! I have been drinking chaste berry tea every day. Usually one cup a day, sometimes I'll have one in the morning and one in the evening. Don't know if it's helped or not - I only just started it a few weeks ago. Am on day 3 of my tww, so I guess time will tell!

Good luck to you!

8 years ago

Chekai - I am taking 225mg capsules - 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. I've never heard of chasteberry tea. I did order red rasberry leaf tea that is supposed to help with strengthening the uterine lining but I'm still waiting on the order to arrive. How long have you been TTC and what made you look into vitex? and most importantly good luck in your TWW. I will be in your "shoes" in about a week :)))

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi,
I have been taking vitex for five or six months now as I had a luteal phase of only 8 days. It's now 12 days so it improved things for me. I think the first month it knocked my cycle from 31/33 days to 26 but since then I have a steady cycle of 28 days.
Vit b6 is also good for improving your luteal phase but make sure to take a bit b complex at the same time to keep balanced.
I take 100mg b6 pyridoxine, one capsule a day. It's the form that gets absorbed better by the body.
Good luck to you, I hope you get those extra, precious days.

8 years ago

I thought about taking additional b6 as well. I have 20mg b6 pyridoxine in my prescribed prenatals so I thought it was somewhat sufficient but have been reading that a larger dosage does the trick. I take my vitex on an empty stomach in the morning and then again in the evening before bed.

Here is my update on the vitex. I'm on CD 8 third day taking it now and I have to say the first time I took it I had a little bit of a headache but not sure if vitex caused it. Yesterday and today no side effects what so ever. Can't wait to see what it does to my LP if anything

So today I'm on CD14 and I normally O around CD12 -14. My OPKs have been negative since I started testing on CD7. I think the vitex is either delaying my O or is making me not O at all. I have not had any EWCM yet which I normally get prior to a positive OPK. :((( Wonder if I should stop or continue to take it and see what happens.

Hi,
It can mess your cycle up a bit in the first month, don't give up until you see how it effects you next cycle. Look into the different ways of taking it, you might be better taking it from ovulation until af since you ovulate early enough. I take it from cd1 to ovulation to bring o forward, I was ovulating late which was causing my lp to be short.
I tried taking it all month but found my cycles to be longer, prefer a 28 day cycle. Everyone is different.
I know it is a lot of info but you have to work out what works best for your body. Increasing your b6 levels could help too x

8 years ago

Kerzie. Thank you! You maybe right for me to take it from O to AF. I might try that next cycle. I am looking to increase B6 intake. What were you saying about the bit B complex. I'm not sure what that means. What exactly do you take for B6 supplementation?

The good news - I have finally got a positive OPK today CD16. A little late for me but at least I ovulated. Maybe I'll end up having a 28-29 day cycle which will be amazing. Never been this excited about O before lol

Hi,
It's a relief when you o, at least that way you know you have a chance.
I take 100mg b6 (pyridoxine) capsule a day, I know a lot of people on this site that take 200mg and I'm thinking of upping my dose Next month to see if it makes any difference. Like you I take an all in one (pregnacare conception) but it only has small doses. You should always balance b6 with b12, a lot of ladies find taking a vit b complex is the easy way.
Now that you have o'd try upping your b6 as it can encourage the production of progesterone.
I'm only 2dpo so looks like we have the dreaded tww ahead

8 years ago

Thanks for this advise. I will definitely be increasing B6. For what I read 200mg maybe a little much especially for me since I've only been taking 20mg a day but I'm thinking about 100mg total should be ok. Good luck in your tww really hope this is your month! Mine is never an actual TWO WEEK wait, more like a 10 day wait but hopefully this month will be different. Are you eating pineapple after you O? I read a lot of women say it helps. It's supposed to help with implantation. I will do that this month as well (can you tell I'm desperate? lol) If you are only 2DPO that is actually perfect right now for you

Other than the B6 I decided to add royal jelly. Yesterday I went to a Chinese shop to get my husband Korean ginseng which is supposed to help with lots of things, among which is sperm production and quality. He had a semen analysis and everything was great but ginseng is good for almost everything so it can't hurt to try. On top of the ginseng for him the lady there strongly advised both of us to take royal jelly as well. She said it works wonders for both men and women. It kind of seems like I'm adding a lot this month but I feel confident as I feel I needed all these "boosters" :)))) will update

Hi again,
I take royal jelly too, it is supposed to be really good for fertility.
If I managed to up my lp from 8 days to 11/12 days I'm sure you will be up at 14 in no time.
If you are interested I have another thread that is all about vitamins and supplements and what they do fertility wise. It is in the over 40 and ttc section, it is one of two threads I have on the go. The other is just support and general chatter so it should be easy to find.
Let me know how you are getting on, symptoms and luteal length. Fingers crossed.

8 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo