Community post

Discussion

Nervous about first fertility appointment !

We have our first NHS appointment at a fertility clinic and I have no idea what to expect. They sent no information apart from a standard patient details form! We had hormone and sperm analysis before the referral , are they likely to do any tests on a first visit or do they start slow?
Any advice from those who have been through this would be very welcome. X

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I had my first visit a few months ago. I answered a bunch of medical questions and had an U/S done. I did have additional testing ordered during the appointment. I had a HSG done to confirm a unicornuate uterus. My nerves were all over the place before my first visit and for the test. I think that is totally normal. When is your appointment? And please let me know how it went.

TTC since 9/13 Very First , 6/5/14

9 years ago

Thank you hopefulunicorn83 having an idea of what to expect has really helped calm my nerves!
The appointment is next Tuesday, 29th July. I will let you know how it goes.

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi Hopefulunicorn83, the consultation was pretty uneventful! Lots of forms and booking in for tests. I have repeats of CD2 tests and the HSG in a couple of weeks but have to wait for the ultrasound (they said about 6 weeks). Then I won't see the consultant until 21st October with treatment possibly then starting on November cycle. I think as soon as I know when the ultrasound is I'll see if they can change the consultation to be in time for treatment in the October cycle. We can always hope that we get lucky before then!

How are you getting on at the moment?

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo