Community post

Discussion

First IUI- Baby or Bust

We did our first IUI yesterday! I feel better today than I did yesterday.
I took Clomid Cycle day 3-7
Follicle scan on Cycle day 10- 3 on the right ovary, nothing on the left. They were 14, 13, and 12 in size.
Cycle day 11- trigger shot in the evening
Cycle day 13-IUI with only 2.85 mil after the wash

My RE put a damper on things by telling me that DH's count was pretty low and they could only get 2.85 mil after the wash. He asked if I wanted to cancel the cycle. I said no. This was the first time I have had hope of conceiving in 5 years! It's hard not to try. He kept pushing IVF, which we already told him was out of the question.

I was fighting back tears while I waited for 5 min while DH held my hand. It wasn't at all how I hoped it would go. We barely made it back to the car before I began to sob uncontrollably. It was a mix of everything but I couldn't hold it back. I had wanted that day to be so special and everything was going wrong.

I had spotting that night and lots of ovulation cramping.
Today I have been trying to keep my hopes up but I can't help feeling everything was a waste of time and money.

Has anyone else felt this way after their IUI?

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

It was a failed cycle. I just took my last day of Clomid. I go for a follicle scan on Monday. I am keeping a positive attitude and trying to stay busy.

8 years ago • Post starter

Yes, so much yes. I had a very similar experience last August at my first IUI. After wash they only had 500, 000. I felt so terrible. I had walked in there so positive thinking everything was going to be great and got that horrible news. We went through with it anyway, it didn't work. I ended up changing RE offices though in large part because of the way they handled it. You would think they would be more understanding of feelings working in that field. Anyway, did my second IUI on 1/20 and am waiting to test. If it doesn't work I will be right back at it for next month.

Good luck on your second round!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo