Community post

Discussion

Clomid, Ovulation, Ovary pain at 5dpo...

Hello ladies! Ok so my doc finally prescribed me clomid, which I am super thankful for. I took it on cd5-9 which was the 4th-8th. I also used opks and I got a + on the 15 and 16 but the one on the 15th was blazing and it was darker than the one on the 16 so I went with the 15 and said that was o day. So I got ewcm and as usual I had o pains/cramps, but this cycle I guess the clomid did it, but I o'd on both sides and my ovaries was very sore!! And today at 5dpo my right ovary is still sore!! The left is a tad bit too but the right is very sore. Is this normal, or did this happen to any clomid ladies??? What was the outcome? I called the nurse at my ob office she said if its still there (which I know it will) in the morning to give her a call. I need to know whats going on. Any advice! Help ease my mind. Thank you all you WONDERFUL ladies!!

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hello! I took my second dose of 150mg clomid this month. I O'd on Saturday the 23rd and have had mild on and off cramps/ovary soreness since then. I also am experiencing the pain from both sides. My Dr said it wasn't anything to worry about as long as it's not unbearable pain. Hopefully that means it's good news for us and this is our month!!!

9 years ago

Hi there, if you have a look a couple of entries down the list in forum topics you'll see a topic called 7 dpo, not feeling much. I answered a question re this type of ovary pain, have a look at it, it may help. I know this sensation well and it has always indicated a bfp for me if it continues past 8 dpo.

9 years ago

Girls I have a question...
I need to talke CLomid today 50 mg... would you recommend taking it in AM or PM?
My Dr did not specify it... Thank you

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Hello ladies! This was actually last cycle and it was a bfn for me! This time around my dr put my dosage to 100mg and it wasn't so bad this time and it didn't last as long as it did last cycle. I am now 10dpo this time and I pray I get a bfp this time!!!!

As for lovetls I always take it at night due to the side effects. Not everyone get them but most do! And even taking it at night the first cycle I still had dizziness, headaches, and of course the ovary pain. But just take it at night so you can sleep thru most of the side effects. And I took it at the exact same time every night. Which was 11 on the dot. Good luck ladies !!!!!!!

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo