Community post

Discussion

Help - BFP immediately after laparoscopy - possible?

Greetings all. I am hoping someone can shed some light on this weird situation. I had laparoscopy for stage 3-4 endometriosis on July 1. We have only had intercourse once since then (2 nights ago) without "finishing" bc of the lingering pain. My breasts have been very sore for the past week and I have been extremely nauseated with unusual type cramping just the past few days. Tonight I took a preg test just for the heck of it (I had some older wondro strips that expired at the end of last year but have correctly shown bfns up until now). Anyway, the first one IMMEDIATELY showed a BFP! So I dipped another after hyperventilating a bit... Same BFP result. Is it even possible for a very early preg to withstand a lap surgery???? Of course they did a pee test right before surgery that was neg, but it would have been too early as I wasn't due to start my period for about 10 more days, which never came (and the doc said that's normal). Does anyone have any insight on this? Can hormones be that out of whack from a lap to cause a BFP? I am terrified of having already been preg during the lap as I have already had 3 m/c and no successful births.

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Firstly, I apologize I I posted this in the wrong category. As a follow-up, I bought another hpt and took it this morning. Again, BFP. Any thoughts? I also read that Ambien can cause a false BFP. Is this true? I did take some last week to get some sleep.

9 years ago • Post starter

Did u ever go to the dr? What did he say?

9 years ago

Yes I did. I am pregnant. Doctor was stunned. I am 8 weeks 2 days pregnant today. We had ultrasound with strong heartbeat last week. Going for another next week. We are being as aggressive as possible due to all the previous miscarriages and such (lovenox injections, extra folic acid, more frequent ultrasounds, etc). I guess since the pregnancy was so early at the time of the surgery, the little one was able to hold on through all that poking/prodding/burning that was done. Praying for my little miracle to see it through this time. :)

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo