Community post

Discussion

Scared to tell Family

Soooooo I am pregnant with baby #3!!!! We are VERY excited and we were trying for 7 months!!!!! However, My parents have said multiple times that we have enough kids, or other comments like that or "I don't know why people want kids so close together" etc.... AND my SIL just announced she is pregnant and due just a few weeks before us, they tried for 1 month. (we have a stressed relationship with the in-laws, they aren't very supportive)
We didn't tell people we were trying, we are private people. And now I don't want to worry about this, how is this even a thing???? I own my own business and hubby and I both work from home and are highly successful adults with 2 beautiful children ages 4 and 1. We don't complain. We are happy. I feel so stressed out over this and want to just get over it. Has anyone else felt this way and how did you handle it? Thank you!!

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I totally understand. I'm private too and have 2 children (teenagers). I've been TTC for almost a year now. I'm surrounded by many who say I'm too old or should be content with my boy and girl just in casual conversations. I wouldn't date say a weird until I conceive because it is discouraging and hurtful. I am very happy for you and think you should spoil the beans so you can relieve your stress and enjoy your pregnancy. Let them feel however. They will come around eventually. Thanks for sharing.

9 years ago

I think its ur life and u should do whatever u want. if u want to have another 3 then u should try...
u don't have to announce that u r trying, but I think there is no problem of telling people that u r pregnant it will spare u the stress ...

9 years ago

Don't say anything until after 3 months, then just let it slip casually. If you get any criticism just laugh at them, knowing that this was your choice and a complete blessing. :)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo