Community post

Discussion

Ovulation after chemical pregnancy

I went to the ER on December 26th to be told I was having a chemical pregnancy. I have had bleeding for about 10 days now and I'm still spotting. I now have a negative pregnancy test. My LH was negative yesterday. And seems very positive today at about 12-13 days past my chemical pregnancy. Is this possible to ovulate this soon after a CP?

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

ABSOLUTELY! I have been ovulating on schedule/as normal following each CP. I have also come to learn that you are more fertile following a chemical.

We have had 5 (possibly 6 and didn't realize the first one...we had discounted a single positive hpt the first month followed by what seemed like normal AF as false pos but in hindsight...) CP's IN A ROW in 2015 and I'm pregnant again...I will know w/in a few days hopefully, and based on my history, if we have a sticky one this time or not. I should mention, I'm 10 mos PP, so I do believe progesterone is our issue.

Also, I am very sorry for your loss, CP's suddenly seem SO common.

Prayers for you moving forward.

P.S. Maybe you know already, but if you have never researched Vitex, there's no better time than now since you have experienced a CP.

8 years ago

I had a CP in December 18 and on December 31 according to clearblue easy OPK I ovulated. But on Jan 6 I started getting smiley faces again so I'm not sure if I ovulated 2 times in one month. My cycle is normally a 34 so when I did ovulate it was CD14 which is a bit early. But hey who knows. I'm currently on CD13 or CD6.

8 years ago

Unfortunately, chemical pregnancies cannot be prevented, nor is there any specific method of treatment. For more info about chemical pregnancy please visit http://motherhow.com/why-chemical-pregnancy-will-make-you-question-everything/

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo