Community post

Discussion

Help figuring out when I ovulated

Hello,

I am TTC after miscarrying on my first pregnancy and am pregnant right now. I'm very nervous, and I don't feel things have been going great, but I am not sure if possibly my numbers could be off. I know many on here track a lot of things carefully, which I don't, but I have tracked my cycle length for years. I'm wondering if you can help me guess when I ovulated based on the information I have?

My cycles are on average 30 days long, but have varied between 28 and 33 days between now and August 2011. My periods almost always last about 7 days, beginning very heavy.

This month, I had a tiny bit of blood in my underwear 26 days after my period started (period June 12th, spotting July 8th) and I have NEVER had any break through bleeding or spotting except the other time I was pregnant, so I am quite sure it was implantation bleeding.

My husband and I had sex on June 26th and June 28th. This was the only time this month (poor husband LOL). I got a very very VERY faint positive HPT on July 9th (the next day after the spotting).

When would you guess I ovulated? Can you even venture a guess with this information? I just want to know if I'm having a miscarriage (low beta levels) or if maybe I ovulated later than I thought.

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

If you got a faint positive on the 9th, then the spotting on the 8th couldn't have been impantation bleeding, as it takes 2-3 days from implantation for the HCG to increase enough for you to hope to have a positive test. I would hazard a guess that you ovulate right around the time you had sex, probably around the 26th rather than the 28th. The spotting on the 8th would then be around the time you should have had your AF, and it's not uncommon to shed a little blood at this point even if pregnant. It's usually much lighter than your usualy periode, though, which seems to be accurate for you.

Is this the first cycle after the miscarriage (so sorry to hear about that, bytw)? If so, have you taken tests earlier to make sure you get a clear negative so you know you don't have any residues from the previous pregnancy?

9 years ago

It was over a year ago, so no problem there. I have read that it can take the blood a few days to work its way down from the uterus, though? If I ovulated the 26th this pregnancy is defi Italy not viable. My only hope is it was more like the 29th or 30th. Guess I just have to wait and see.

9 years ago • Post starter

Yes, unfortunately that's the only real answer in this game, to wait and see. *sigh* Crossing my fingers for you and hoping for the best.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo