Community post

Discussion

Failed Ovulation?? Please Help...

Help please! I need some advice. Today I am 4 dpo and instead of seeing my temperature going up, I had a big dip this morning. I decided to take an ovulation test because I never had a big temperature rise and I was just wondering what the outcome would be. It was an even darker positive than my original positive. DH and I BD'd the night before last, but there was no chance I was going to get him in the mood this morning. He's not much of a morning person. So now, I'm not sure what's going on with my body, and I kind of feel like it's let me down. Do you think that I'm ovulating today? I'm really confused and disappointed at this point. On CD 15 I had a completely blank OPK, Then on CD 16 I had a positive OPK in the morning, lighter that afternoon and definitely negative that night. I took tests for the next two days and they were all negative. Then, when my temp didn't rise much, and I had a kind of a big dip this mooring, I decided to take a test again and it was very positive...

My next question is, if I did fail to ovulate the first time, and it happens today and by some miracle, gets fertilized, will it be flushed out with AF because I'm due in a week? I wish my body would cooperate... any advice or experience would help. Thanks so so much!

User Image

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

You definitely could have geared up to o a few days ago but never released the egg, and now your body is trying again - happens to almost everyone at least once or twice. That's one of the biggest reasons to temp, you could see that temps didn't look like you o'd so you knew to keep testing! And when o fails for whatever reason the body usually tries again in about 3-5 days, so that sounds right.

And no worries about af coming too soon for implantation - when af arrives is determined by when you o, the luteal phase will stay consistent even if the cycle day of o changes.

Hope you see your temps rise in a couple days, and catch that egg!

9 years ago

Thank you YarnLady. You really helped ease my mind. I'm hoping we can still catch this egg...if my body decides to release it... and I appreciate you explaining to me about AF not flushing the egg. I was actually really worried about that because I have a kinda short leutal phase anyways (11 days). Good luck to you too!

User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

Thanks so much! I'm glad it eased your mind, ttc is stressful enough without all the extra crazy our bodies sometimes throw at us! I've got a lot of experience with delayed o at this point, so I'm glad it can benefit someone ;-) (currently cd 58 and counting, body's geared up for o at least 5 times so far - hoping it gets it right soon!).

eta: I just checked your chart and saw you got your temp spike, yay!!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo