Community post

Discussion

What to expect?

This morning at 9 weeks 2 days, I had my second u/s and Dr. couldn't find a heartbeat. It looks like baby stopped growing around 5 weeks, 6 days. I am to start medication on Sunday to get things going (opted not to have a d&c). Dr. counseled me on what would happen but I'm worried and frustrated. Anyone have advice/suggestions on how to pass the time? Or what to expect?

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I'm so sorry for your loss. I think every miscarriage is different.. even for the same woman. I've had 2 chemical pregnancies that ended very early (4+ weeks), which were no different than a period as far as discomfort and the amount of bleeding and the length of time I bled. I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks that produced a lot of bleeding, which lasted for about 9 days, but didn't have a whole lot of discomfort. My 10-week miscarriage produced quite a bit of blood loss, which lasted for about 9-10 days, and was uncomfortable and crampy but not terribly so.

Surprisingly, my most painful miscarriage was quite early, and it just happened recently. I lost a pregnancy earlier this month at only 5 weeks + 4 days that was actually quite uncomfortable for me, which I wasn't really expecting. I had one night of very painful cramps for 4-5 hours that eventually subsided and became more like very bad period-like cramps for the next 2-3 days. Cramping started on Saturday evening, and I started bleeding 2 days later on Monday morning. The bleeding was minimal and only lasted for about 5 days. This was the only one where the cramping started before the blood. With the others I noticed spotting first, which eventually became heavier bleeding, and the cramping started after.

With this most recent one, I knew it was going to happen because of a fading test line, and I basically just shut myself in my room and watched old movies and napped for the entire weekend that it began.

I've never used medication during any of them though, so I'm not sure how that will affect you, but I assume it would help to move things along faster for you. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss, and best wishes to you during your recovery and healing... physically and emotionally.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo