Community post

Discussion

TTC for Number 2...how can I increase my chances?

I just got a negative HPT yesterday.

I am really hoping to conceive #2 in the next few months.

How can I increase my chances?

What supplements can I take?

Does weight have anything to do with it? Or diet?

Thank you :)

1/6/2015 TTC #2

6 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Assuming neither your husband nor you have any fertility problems age and egg quality are the most important factors. The older we get the more difficult it is to get pregnant - in general - . Egg quantity and quality decrease with age, unfortunately. It is helpful to be neither under- nor overweight. Both conditions have a fertility-lowering effect.
Diet and exercise, vitamins and supplements are important. Lots of supplements are available to improve fertility: vitex, maca, Royal jelly, golden root, ubiquinol, DHEA, myo-inositol in combination with melatonin, antioxidants like ALA, pycnogenol, astaxanthin. Oils: fish oil. Borage seed oil/evening primrose oil, flax oil. L-carnitine, l-arginine....Google what interests you and see what might be helpful to you. Make sure you take your prenatal vitamin and your husband takes a mens' vitamin, fish oil, ubiquinol and vit D3.
You may want to read up on fertility foods. Food wise, my acupuncturist recommends lots of dark green leafy vegetables, wheatgrass, spirulina, eggs, nuts, avocados, orange vegetables, berries, organic meats, eggs. Avoid sugar, wheat, dairy, caffeine, alcohol, smoking.
Use your OPKs and chart your temps and hopefully you will get a positive soon. Best wishes and Happy New Year!

8 years ago

Wish I had advice to offer, but I just wanted to say that I am in the same boat. My husband and I are trying for a second child, and we really want that to happen ASAP!! Good luck to you!

8 years ago

Thanks guys.

I am 36 and my husband is 48...I know...not exactly spring chickens here.

I started taking fertility blend and am monitoring my period now.

What is an OPK?

1/6/2015 TTC #2

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi,
They are used to predict ovulation. U can get cheap ones on the Internet and u collect your urine in a cup, dip the test strip and wait a few mins. Unlike preg tests it is not positive unless the test line is the same colour or darker than the control line. When the line starts to darken from your norm you know to start ttc. Don't assume you ovulate at cd14, the more precise you are about ovulating, the better your chances.
Good luck and baby dust xxxx

8 years ago

My period is usually on the 1st of the month and I typically will spot brownish for 2 days prior.

Today and yesterday I have been spotting bright pink and red.

Is it possible for a period to change course by over a week? All of a sudden?

1/6/2015 TTC #2

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi again,
Sounds like it could be implantation, if it is test in a day or two and you should start to see a result. Look up implantation bleeding on the internet and have a look at some images, that way you can compare yours. Think there are some implantation bleeding photos in the gallery here.
Take care and good luck, let us know how you get on x

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo