Community post

Discussion

PCOS diagnosis

I was recently diagnosed with PCOS. I knew nothing about it and after a little research I started to become concerned about fertility. I had the mirena iud for 5 years had it replaced and then a new one put in. After my diagnosis they changed me to the nuva ring and put me on metformin. After a little over 2 months of metformin I started retaining fluid and out of fear for my renal function my PCP (and boss) took me off of it. I went back to OB and he said that if I can get insurance to pay for glucophage to try it but of not then we would stop treating. I have since taken out the nuva ring and have had no AF. I had all symptoms of ovulation yesterday, but I'm not sure because I didn't test. Has anyone else had any experience with similar circumstances? Any comments and/or stories are appreciated!

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I'm a little confused as to why you'd switch from Metformin to Glucophage. Metformin is just the generic of Glucophage.

Having said that, I haven't had any issues with either medication. I've been on and off them since I was diagnosed at 17 (31 now).

Trying using OPKs to chart your ovulation. I've had two healthy pregnancies conceived on cycle #1. Good luck to you!

Crunchy mama to two amazing kiddos; currently TTC #3!

9 years ago

Inwas diagnosed with pcos as well. I am on metformin 250 mg once a day, we start clomid next cycle if not pregnant this once. I have a 16 month old, he was conceived naturally without any medication ( i didnt know i had pcos). Anyways i think you should stay on metformin and introduce clomid.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo