Community post

Discussion

False Positive Wondfo HPK w/Wondfo OPK

I was so elated last night when my husband and I got our first BFP on the pink Wondfo dip stick. My husband had a huge silly grin that I haven't seen before, and kept asking "honey, are we pregnant??" We've been TTC since January 2014 (7 months) and have been actively reading all the forums and articles on TTC.

However, we quickly found out that the positive could not be repeated. (False Positive)

Devastating. Both of us got on our tablets and did manic google searches with various tags, and came to the conclusion that yes, it was a 100% False Positive.

Apparently, and unbeknowstly, I had contaminated the HPK by dipping both a Wondfo OPK and an HPK into the urine sample and laying it down together while waiting for the result. (WONDFO needs to put a warning on its instructions sheet!) After reading many forum discussions, I came to accept that an HPK should never be tested at simultaneously with an OPK. (If using same sample, it's okay to dip HPK first into and then an OPK into it. Do not lay them together.)

At first, I was in denial. The positive was way too distinct, and very pink. So I continued to test 5 more pink Wondfo HPK, 2 Wondfo blue HPK, and 1 Clear Blue easy digital for a period of 4 hours. ALL Negatives. (Longest wait time to collect a sample was about 2 hours)

Many a big sighs and lots of fretting, we tossed all our negative HPK into the trash bin and decided to wait until morning to test again.

Using FMU this morning, I tested 3 tests. 2 Wondfos and 1 clear blue easy digital.

Negatives.

Sigh. I felt a little silly being so emotionally attached to a single positive HPK, but after 7 months trying and seeing that first BFP, I was just so excited.

Best wishes to all TTC!

User Image
above is the stupid mean false positive test

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Awww im so sorry that happened to yall! Keep trying, im in my 5th month (4th was a chemical). I know the immense disappointment you get upon finding out you actually are not pregnant like you thought. It's a tough thing to get past. I wish you and hubby the very best of luck, and sending prayers your way!

9 years ago

I just had the exact thing happen with 3 wondo hpt. The lines all had color just like yours and came up within the time limit. Tested this morning and all negative.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo