Community post

Discussion

after a loss

I had a miscarriage about 5 weeks ago @ 6 wks and 3 days was my first pregnancy after trying for a year and a half.. I am currently waiting on AF but hasnt come yet! how much longer does it take? what are the chances of getting pregnant again after a miscarriage? how long should i wait to get pregnant? help please any information is good and will appreciate!

User Image

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi, i just want to start by saying im so sorry for you loss, i had an early mc at 5 weeks on the 4th dec this being my 3rd loss this year, regards to period they say ifmt should arrive 4-6 weeks if your over 6 weeks you should retest, as poss you can get pregnant straight away they say your more fertile straight after
Did you have blood tests or pregnancy tests to confirm negative after your loss?
The advise i got given was try when im ready and continue doing tests till its negative so when i do get a possitive i no its a new one not left over hormones
Hope thats helped a little

8 years ago

Im so sorry to hear that.. Thank you it really helps alot since it was my first and i had no idea what was happening or what happens after.. i did get blood test that same week of my miscarriage and and it was going down fast i also did hpt 2 weeks after and i got a faint neg.. i assume my hcg levels went completly to normal (i hope) is there anyway i could get pregnant again without getting a period after miscarriage?

User Image

8 years ago • Post starter

Yes i would definately say you can, did you loose symptoms quickly? Have you began to feel them again? I only say this cos for me my boobs are the first sign i feel they quickly disapeared but then the last 2 weeks have started to feel fuller again so i took a test this morning and its faint bfp! I no my levels dropped to 4 3 weeks ago and had neg tests, so im going to go get a first response today and retest, its only been 4 weeks since my mc no period have you thought about testing?

8 years ago

Yes i would definately say you can, did you loose symptoms quickly? Have you began to feel them again? I only say this cos for me my boobs are the first sign i feel they quickly disapeared but then the last 2 weeks have started to feel fuller again so i took a test this morning and its faint bfp! I no my levels dropped to 4 3 weeks ago and had neg tests, so im going to go get a first response today and retest, its only been 4 weeks since my mc no period have you thought about testing?

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo