Community post

Discussion

2nd cycle with Femara, anyone having side effects?

My first cycle with Femara (letrozole) was in April. Overall, it was alright. I did end up ovulating, but I had very heavy bleeding on my first period afterward, as well as days 3-7 of the cycle (which is when you take the pills). Since the results were pretty much standard, (aside from the bleeding) my dr. and I decided to skip it the next month, but I didn't ovulate and didn't have a period at all until July 3rd after taking Provera. I took the Femara again and am currently waiting to ovulate.

I noticed the first time around on the Femara a real dip in libido, but chalked it up to it just being a bad month, but now on the second round I'm noticing again. I've never seen this mentioned as a side effect anywhere except body building sites (who knew?) and was wondering if anyone else had noticed this happening to them?

After all, I can't very well get pregnant without DTD......

As far as other side effects from the Femara, I haven't had any of the standard effects. Like I said, I had very heavy bleeding both at the beginning of my first cycle and during the first AF after taking Femara. According to my dr, those aren't common side effects, but I didn't have any complications either causing the bleeding or caused by the bleeding like cysts or miscarriage or anything. A little crampy near AF, which isn't common for me, but not like massively bad...

Anyone else?

0 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo