Community post

Discussion

Bright red bleeding?

So, I'm 5W6Ds today (6 weeks on Christmas) and after I *ahem* pleased myself and hopped into the shower, I noticed bright red blood. I freaked out and got out of the shower and wiped and it was super red (like bright red, not crimson death red) and gooey, like there was EWCM in it.

I checked again five minutes later and it seemed to be tapering off... but I'm still really freaked out. There was no pain or clots or anything, but I didn't expect to see blood or anything.

Anyone had bright red blood with no cramps or clots and end up with a healthy, continued pregnancy?

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I'm 10 weeks today and I've been having a similar problem for the past week... except I've also passed two pinky-sized bits of tissue. Both times, pelvic exams and ultrasounds showed a closed cervix, baby doing fine, and no signs of trouble in my uterus. My OB has no idea where the tissue came from.

Since you have no cramps or clots and it doesn't sound like it was heavy flow, I can only guess what you experienced was benign. Bleeding in pregnancy is always considered abnormal, but isn't actually uncommon and many go on to have healthy babies. However, I am NOT a doctor, so you should definitely direct any concerns to your OB or midwife. They may have you go in for labs or they may simply have you keep a close eye on the situation and call back if it gets worse.

TTC #1 since Oct. 2011 MC @ 6 weeks, Mar. 2015 (suspected - never confirmed) MC @ 16 weeks, July 2015 CP Oct. 2015 Nov. 13, 2015 @ 15 DPO! for a rainbow baby!

8 years ago

Stopped bleeding last night pretty quick.

Then about 5:30ish, started cramping real bad and then started bleeding fairly heavily.

I can sit here and talk about how it doesn't have to be a miscarriage, but that's what it is. I can feel it. Even right now, I have fairly severe cramps.

Merry fucking christmas, me

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo