Community post

Discussion

Just for Fun, Homemade HPT? :-)

Lol so while i wait for bfp or af i decided that it would be fun to try a home made hpt. I know these are just wives tale and nothing proves like a real hpt but it was fun anyhow. The Sugar test was by far the most compelling in my book. You supposidly take 3 tb spoons of sugar place into a bowl and stir. If ur urine clumps and doesnt desolve its said to be a Pos result. So sitting home bored alone i tried it out with pee and sugar in one bowl, and water and the same amount of sugar in another. Well my pee test did infact clump up while stirring it whilst the water just was very grainy and dissolved rather fast. It was neat to see according to the wives tale im pregnant lol but although im on cycle day 42 and no af symptoms i havent gotten a real bfp yet, ill update this thread if i do or dont. Just thought id share something fun to pass some time. I know we all get crazy bored in the TTW. Maybe someone who is pregnant already and has confirmed can give it a try and someone who knows for sure they are not can too and just compare. Well hope everyone has a great TWW and baby dust to all!

6 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Pretty neat i haven't heard that one. Interested in the comparison.

User Image

8 years ago

Neither have i! I found it online while justs googling around. Some i saw tried it with hubs urine and they said his quickly dissolved or was grainy and not very clumpy. It was def a neat experiment lol! Ill take a real test before new years if i dont start af. It would be shockig to get a BFP after trying this little experiment lol! Baby Dust to you??

8 years ago • Post starter

Thanks,
Just had a wee giggle after reading your post, would love to see your doctors face "the sugar says I'm pregnant". I hope your clumpy pee turns into a lovely , wouldn't that be a great story to tell,

8 years ago

Thanks im 4 dpo having crazy feelings i never get, but im not going to symptom spot this time I'll drive my self nuts again lol. Af expected jan 3 hope and pray she doesn't show. I left my shipments poas in the mailbox so i don't get tempted to test early lol.

User Image

8 years ago

Hahahah! Def a funny story! At cycle day 43 with nothing to show for it, the sugar is the best luck ive had so far, lmbo!!! Thanks everyone i wish u all the best of luck as well! This was a fun thing to and gave me a laugh! I will take another real test around the 30th! Hopefully then ill have something substantial to go on LOL!

8 years ago • Post starter

Any new results? I did a google search not too long ago and I found a site that had alllllll kinds of wives tales. The two that stick out the most was back in the old egyptian days, women would pee on barley and wheat and bury it and if the wheat sprouts within a certain time frame, the woman would be considered pregnant. The other involved placing a chunk of onion inside the vagina over night and I don't remember the results because I was like, there is no way I'm going to try that one lol

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo