Community post

Discussion

I'm so confused and it's my own fault!

Hi ladies,

I'm having a bit of a dilemma here, I was cleaning the bathroom earlier and came across some pregnancy strips from when I was pregnant in June which I sadly miscarriages in August. I don't know what made me do it but I thought I'd pee on the stick lol. A little background I have PCOS only just diagnosed and am taking metformin 1500mg a day, my periods before i started taking the metformin were on average every 4 months, my first period since taking metformin was just 35 days and based on this my next AF would be due 26th December if my new cycle was going to stay around 35 days.

Well the issue is I think I got a positive on the test I took earlier. My hubby and I DTD last on 6th December so I can pin point the date we would have conceived to around then but wouldn't that make it too early for me to get a positive on my test? The line although very faint came up between 5 and 10 mins after testing which the instructions say to check a negative result. I took another one this afternoon and there is a line on that one too and again it appeared between 5-10 mins after testing.

I don't know what to think, could it be positive even this early, also to note I have no idea when I ovulated as I haven't been checking cos we were taking a more relaxed approach following my miscarriage in August, could they both be evaps?

I haven't told my hubby yet because I don't want to get his hopes up in case, I will continue to test over the next few days and then tell him Christmas Day if they continue to show positive. Can you guys have a look at the pic and tell me what you think and also on whether it is even possible based on my dates or am I getting myself in a tiz over evaps?

User Image

I'm not even sure if I have added the image correctly so apologies if it's not right.

Thanks in advance X

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Your top test is a blaring positive. The bottom is still a positive although a tad lighter, but nothing to be concerned about. Congrats.

In my experience using those strips, they take a good concentration to be that dark. I didnt get any that dark even testing out my trigger. I will say that I have had a dark line with those with my chemical nov 14', which was 3 days before my period. I think its quite possible you O'd earlier than you think. Good luck and go get a beta!

8 years ago

Thanks karamell,

I took another test this evening a 1st response and it came up with a definate positive and darker that the other strips did. Pretty much confirms it eh, still in shock wasn't expecting it in the slightest! :)

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo