Community post

Discussion

TTC with some medical issues

I got pregnant with my first child (a son who is now 5 years old--yes, I just now got the baby fever) without any problems, which I feel very grateful for, for sure.

After I had him, my body kind of shut down and I developed severe hypothyroidism. My thyroid levels are now under control and looking good, but I am kind of worried because I know thyroid is often a reason for infertility.

Has anyone here had issues (or none at all despite having hypothyroidism)?

We are going to start TTC and I am excited and optimistic, but cautiously. I've never experienced problems and even though I guess there's no way to prepare for them, I'm just trying to reach out I guess.

Thanks!!

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hello Leila,
I went through a similar thing with my 5yr old son when he was born. It was a long road to manage my symptoms and get to a place where I wanted to try again. I have been trying for a little over a year now but have only been actively improving my fertility for six months. I'm also over 40 so it will take me a lot longer than you.
The only advise I can give is look into vitamins and supplements to improve your fertility and always research the form that absorbs into the body best. It takes 3 months for egg quality to improve so the sooner you start the better. Most all in one tablets don't have the best absorbed form, they tend to use the cheapest. Use opk's to determine when you ovulate, the Internet cheapies are good but they are only positive when the test line is equal to or darker than the control line. I don't want to drone on, if you want to know basic vits to take drop me a msg.
Many women here use preseed to help the little swimmers and if you want to keep everything in place to max your chances use a form of soft cup (it will hold the sperm next to your cervix allowing you to get on with your day.
I'm sure while you are wrapping your head around everything you will get a big, fat, lovely
Good luck xx

8 years ago

Thank you Kerzie!!

We are waiting about 6 more months before we start trying (there are some personal issues we need to wrap up, so 6 months gives us time to do that), so I am going to use this time to work on my health.

I take Vitamin D and B-12 supplements because I have problems with deficiencies in both. I will look into other supplements as well.

I'll also mention to my doctor about it, namely to keep my thyroid levels good. That's my biggest concern, to be honest, especially after reading that my thyroid medication may have to be doubled during pregnancy. I have good levels now, so I HOPE my thyroid will not be an issue.

Anyhow, thank you for you insight!! <3

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo