Community post

Discussion

Im just gonna Vent...This isnt Fair!!

You ever just feel like you are infact pregnant? You've done everything right, you have got it almost down to a science..the ovulation, the vitamins, the symptoms, the charts, the test, your cycles, like you just KNOW you did it this time, yet every damn test is NEGATIVE..or NOT PREGNANT, and you are hig with that frustration and sadness and jealousy of others, you are just in a state of mind where you are just confused and hurt. It just isnt fair..why you ask over and over? Why cant it just happen? Then you have those who hit you with the one liners you have heard and told yourself 10000000 times "Oh dont give up it will happen when its meant to" or "It'll happen when you least expect it" and my favorite, "If its meant to be it will be" well FUCK all of that! That was cute the first 3 months of trying, it was helpful. But in time those 3 months turn into 6 months than 12..and before you know it you are 30 and no baby. Its just not fair. You literally eat, sleep, dream, and dwell on BFPs and Baby Names, and yet Nothing! Why me again you ask yourself? When is it my turn? Your sex life becomes a job, it becomes something you dont even enjoy anymore. Im so tired of all this, 100s and thousands of dollars wasted on test and medical visits and for what? To be disappointed every single freaking month. I don't understand it. I dont know what is wrong...i cant get pregnant and the reality of it is, i dont know if i ever will. It just isnt fair...

5 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

It is frustrating and upsetting, indeed. I wish all this were different and easier on us - there is no good advice I can give you regarding vitamins, tests, OPKs, charting, etc. It seems you are in full control of that. We have been trying since August 2013, currently on medicated cycle #34, 17th IUI ? (Stopped counting) and I know how you feel. All I can say is: it is best to strive for comprehensive well-being (physical, emotional, spiritual). If we only look at the physical aspects we quickly get overwhelmed, disappointed, and angry which is counterproductive to conception. I started seeing a naturopath in addition to my RE and feel confident reducing the insane amount of vitamins I have been taking. Instead, I am looking into getting more sleep, increasing adrenal strength and pure water intake. I believe in a holistic approach focusing on grace and gratitude and our Maker who is the creator of everything. This leads to patience, a balanced outlook and happiness regardless of TTC outcomes.
It is Christmas time, take your eyes off TTC and look at the child given to us - the Christchild who heals us from all our sorrow, anguish, and misery, the Christchild who saves us. Merry Christmas to you and yours! Wishing you health and well-being and a fruitful 2016.

8 years ago

You are right, 100%. It definitely gets overwhelming and thats the point im at. But i will take your advice and just enjoy the holidays reguardless of the outcome of TTC. Thank you for your heartfelt reply! I wish you an abundance of happiness this holiday, and the best of luck and baby dust to you and your OH in your own personal journey with having a baby of your own! Much love <3

8 years ago • Post starter

I get you hunny. It totally isn't fair. Its pretty shitty in my opinion, more like a cruel joke. I always find myself being upset or bitter about my infertility struggles, especially when people who have no right raising children, get pregnant anytime they walk past a light bulb.

But guess what, it's ok to be pissed off and get through your emotions. Its part of being human. You have the right to have bad days, weeks, or months. We've been dealt a fucked up deck of cards, and we have to make it our mission to shuffle those cards until we can find the hand that's a game changer. Take a breath, be grateful for life, and make plans for your next move. Best wishes.

8 years ago

Yes you are right! A cruel joke is exactly what it feels like. Today makes cycle day 39 of what is supposed to be a 33-35 day cycle for me and negative test and no AF yet. Its like my body is just teasing me. I wish i would start my af already so my damn enotions and hormones will level out. Ive been a wreck this cycle bc i really thought we had it this time. I had every text boob symptom even some new ones like vertigo and the 9 dpo cramping that i prayed was implanation but i guess it wasnt. My husband even had high hopes this time i think even he counts my cycle days at this point lol! But the test i take are just fighting against me. And my doctor will not do a blood test until they get a positive urin test in the office. Its just a daily struggle...everyone i know is pregnant or approaching their due dates and here i am with big blunt negatives. I blame Mirena for this. I had it for 5 years, i had gotten pregnant at 18 with my son, and got it put in after his birth. I took it out over a year ago and been trying ever since to concive again and my luck has been HORRIBLE. I had 2 chemicals and the rest of them were negatives. I can't predict my ovulation anymore thats if i even am in fact ovulating. The doctor told me i had a hormone imbalance a while back. Ive been put on medications and vitamins to try to fix that and still nothing. Now my son will probably be a decade older than his sibling thats even if i actually do concive one day....im just at a loss to whats going on and why its not happening

8 years ago • Post starter

I understand. So are they saying you have PCOS? Are you taking metformin?
I'm also curious as to whether your doc is an Ob or an RE. A myriad of blood tests in addition to an SIS, HSG will help figure a lot of things out. Your ovarian ultrasounds should also be helpful. A day 21 blood draw or a u/s shortly after suspecting O will confirm ovulation.

Ive never understood why some docs don't want to draw blood, especially since they're not paying for the testing. Its not like it's some invasive procedure that wastes health care dollars. I personally don't deal with practices who I feel don't take my struggles seriously. With that being said, we'll be seeing a 3rd RE next month

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo