Community post

Discussion

Just took my first HPT

I used the First Response 6 days sooner test. I believe I am about 10 days past ovulation. This was the first cycle where I was actually going to start tracking my cycles so I'm not 100% sure on dates, I know my last period started on Nov 24th and ended Nov 28th. My phone app put ovulation on Dec 8th which I feel was probably right because I had very thick EWCM on Dec 7th. My fiance and I had sex on Dec 8th. About 2 or 3 days later I started having very high sex drive and since then I have been having what I think is a lot of CM. It doesn't seem to be drying up or becoming the very sticky white pasty kind. It is still rather clear and stretchy. I was also having cramps, mild backache, feeling dizzy/confused, slightly more tired and hungry on the 14th, 15th and 16th.

I'm not sure if maybe it was just too early to test as I'm not 100% sure when to expect my next period (If my cycle is 28 days it would be on Dec 22nd)

I'm wondering if maybe it was still just too early to test or maybe I'm actually not pregnant. I was so scared when I was taking the test my hand was shaking and my heart was thumping out of my chest. I did pee into a dixie cup and dip the test in for the 5 seconds, I wanted to make sure I actually had it in there for the right time and everything. In a way I was afraid to see a positive result since that was going to mean my life was about to change forever (not necessarily in a bad way) but I was also disappointed to see a negative result =(

I guess I will just have to wait and see if AF comes to visit me or not.

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

10 dpo might have been to early. I'd wait another 3 days and test again. Hope that helps :)

8 years ago

Well today was the day my period tracker app said I should get my period (if my cycle is indeed 28 days) and no sign of AF yet. Of course my cycle may not be 28 days because I haven't really tracked it lately. I plan on taking another HPT tomorrow (the 23rd) in the AM if AF doesn't come in the middle of the night which a lot of times it does come in the middle of the night or sometimes in the middle of the day when I'm at work...

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo