Community post

Discussion

Needing support, encouragement... about to cry!

So after many failed attempts to get pregnant, and dealing with endometriosis- my doctor is going to humor me by doing a "trio."
It consists of an HSG (dye test), a DNC (to make a clean slate), and a hysteroscopy (to look for anything abnormal).

My concern is if they find a blockage- i'm done. I only have ONE TUBE and half an ovary. The ovary functions, and I ovulate. IVF would be our only option, but because my ovary is so fragile, that may not even BE AN OPTION!

If they don't find a blockage, we are going to get busy... but is that a good idea right after having a D&C done? I am due to ovulate sometime between the 18th and the 20th... and i'm having this done on the 16th. Will this delay ovulation? I have so many questions, and my GYN is just trying to push IVF on me (they don't do it, but he thinks it's my best option).

Has anyone gotten pregnant right after having a D&C? I know of a LOT of people that got pregnant right after a dye test (apparently they can make you super fertile)... I'm just praying there is no blockage... I don't think I could stand to get that news. I think I would just stay in bed and cry... forever.

Please... someone tell me good things... I need to hear good things!

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

My cousin's wife had some issues, I am not completely certain what they were, but she had a D & C done and ended up with a BFP a month and a half later.

They were not trying, they already have 2 girls with the youngest being 7. Needless to say it is a happy surprise for them.

Don't give up.

User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo