Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 for 3 months! Anyone else around this timeframe?

Hi ladies,

I'm posting this forum for other women around the same timeframe as me TTC so that we can get support from others in the same place with our TTC journey. I know there are women out there who have been trying for soo much longer and would tell us 3 months is nothing but it still isn't easy and that's why I want to open this up for us ladies newer to TTC but still having been through a few cycles TTC with no success so we can share stories and thoughts. Anyone around this timeframe is so welcome to join and comment!

Alittle bit about my story is I'm 26 and married in July. My husband and I knew we planned to TTC right after our wedding as we've been together for over 6 years. I guess in my head I knew it could take awhile but you just see others around you accidentally getting pregnant or it happening right away and we spend so many years protecting against pregnancy that I just thought once I stopped bc it would happen fairly quick. So anyways I got off the NuvaRing which is very low hormone birth control and my doctor said I could conceive in the first month following its removal. My sister got pregnant while on it but taking it out for one day! So I didn't have many concerns about the length of time off birth control. August we used protection while off birth control just to let my body regulate and then stopped using protection in August. So I have completed 3 cycles TTC with charting and taking bbt (which shows I am ovulating typically on cd22). Today I took a test and it was negative so I'm feeling pretty down that I'll now be entering cycle #4 and starting over again.

Anyways that's alittle about me. I would love to hear from you ladies that are within the first year of trying and what your experiences are. Let's start a group of support around our journeys so we can discuss and lean on one another when we are feeling down or finally get that bfp and can celebrate!

14 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 14 Replies | Last Page

I'm close to the same boat TTC #2. #1 I wasn't trying to and this go round seems to be really hard! Have you gotten AF yet?

8 years ago

Hey tiffnhntr: welcome! I haven gotten it yet. If it follows the same cycle as my last month it will be 36 day cycle and that would make it due Monday. I also have a doctor appointment Monday so if it hasn't arrived I will get a test done! How long have you been TTC? How long did it take you the first time when you weren't trying?

8 years ago • Post starter

My story is so similar to this, I am also 26 and was married in August of this year. My husband and I have been ttc for three moths as well. My struggle is I only get my period every six months ( I have recently have gone to the doctor to start clomid) but in the mean time. My body decided it was time for my cycle to start, I quickly purchased an ovulation test and was pleased to see I ovulated exactly two weeks after my cycle started. I am now 11 DPO and have been having almost all the signs that this might be the months, (sore boobs and muscles, very crampy, very nauseous, headaches, nipples sensitive all that good stuff) I am terrified to take a test and be disappointed.

Danibree33, I hope you test again and it's positive fingers crossed for ya girly!

8 years ago

Niki-Nicole: hey! Congrats on the wedding! Whirlwind of a year huh? We have a very similar story but wow a period only every 6 months?! Has it always been that way or is this a new thing? Were you in birth control prior to August? I'm glad to hear the doctor has you going on clomid right away and isn't making you wait. Everything sounds so promising for this cycle and I really hope this is the month for you! We're on the same dpo I'm also 11dpo today. I'll retest at the doctor on Monday so there's still a chance I guess but I've accepted I'll be starting a new cycle trying. When are you going to test?

What I find the hardest about the newly TTC journey is that for me I'm such a planner. So when we made the decision to try we basically saw everything in our near future as me pregnant and us having a baby next year. So every month it doesn't happen it's like dragging out those plans yet I can't stop planning for it! Everyone says stop trying and then it will happen and I'm like how do I stop trying? I can't stop picturing my future as us being parents and a family when that's something we're working towards every month! And then I feel like I annoy people around me when I reference us having kids in the figure yet we aren't even pregnant. Anyone else go through dealing with this or have any advice?

Everyone who hasn't had trouble TTC says stop trying stop planning stop buying so many pts. Lol they just don't understand. How's everything going for you guys?

8 years ago

I know it's so frustrating. They've never had to be in our shoes so they just don't get it. I stopped talking to those people about it all together.

I'm on cycle 4 8dpo so just waiting right now. I might start testing Friday. We did everything right this cycle as far as I know so just hoping it was enough. I ovulated cd 18 which was early for me so caught me off guard but we had bd every other day anyways and bd on cd 18. Used preseed this time also. Fingers crossed! Where are you girls at with things?

Me and my husband tried on our honeymoon and waited and then a month or so after we decided we wanted to truly go on the ttc journey officially. We have been trying fot 3 months now. Got my bfp last month but it turned out to be a chemical :(

Anyway I'm 5 dpo (This site days 6) and crossing my fingers we get a sticky baby this month. Baby dust to you op and all the other posters.

8 years ago

Hi everyone..been looking for a place like this. I'm a little past 3 months trying..this is our 5th cycle TTC #1. No luck yet :-( Pretty sure I'm currently about 2dpo. Keeping fingers crossed this cycle. This whole process while exciting, is emotionally draining. You hype yourself up only to be disappointed. Hopefully the baby dust will sprinkle on all of us pretty soon. I give a lot of credit to those who have been trying for a lot longer..I can't imagine the toll its taken on them.

. .

8 years ago

Okay so I took a test at 9dpo this morning just because I had a few tests and I knew it would be too early but I swear there is a faint line almost a shadow. I just uploaded a photo to my page will you all go look at it and tell me what you think? I have never seen even the faintest line so I want your opinions on what you think...

Please let this be it.

I see a faint line! I've never seen more than stark white on any of mine.. And I've looked and squinted in every light. Lol..but u can definitely see a start of a line. Fingers crossed for you!!

. .

8 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo