Community post

Discussion

First Cycle After Mirena TTC

Since I have been reading every post related to this issue, I thought I'd share my experience. I had my IUD in for almost 4 years (post my 2nd child) and removed on May 23. I had no spotting or AF for 6 weeks and no sign of a cycle at all.

We are TTC baby #3.

I used an OPK beginning June 15 and had a very clear positive for 2 days on June 23-24. My anticipated period should have been tomorrow based on the calculator from this site. I just started today, finally, after weeks of frustration not knowing.

For those of you waiting for your AF, hang in there. I feel so much better knowing how to count my cycle now in terms of TTC.

User Image

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I had my Mirena removed on July 7th after 5 years. I had a 7 day period almost immediately. I had every pregnancy symptom out there that month, even morning sickness. My period was a week late. Apparently when you have the Mirena removed, your body amps up producing progesterone, which is a hormone found in the pregnancy hormone, therefore making your body think you are pregnant. lol Wow, what a ride that was. Anyway, I was not pregnant last month. I am counting this month as TTC month 1. I am currently 2 DPO. Best of luck to us!!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo