Community post

Discussion

Anyone trying to decide to have a third?

Hi,

Just curious if anyone out there is trying to decide whether or not to have a third (or 4th, or 5th!). I am getting the itch to try for another baby, but DH is skeptical. What factors did you consider? Part of me feels like there is another little soul just waiting to call me Mommy and I'm not sure I'll ever feel whole without having another baby. On the other side of things, I have a very busy life with two boys, ages 2.5 and 4, and a career. I don't want my children's ages too far apart, so if I'm going to make the plunge, it'll have to be soon! :)

Thanks for you thoughts!

8 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

We're on cycle #2 trying for our third.

I'm pretty busy as well. I am still in school and we have a 1 year old and 3 year old, both boys. DH is in the Army and we're getting ready to move again.

I much like you felt as though our family just wasn't complete. I'll be putting school on the back burner once again if I get pregnant in the next few months, however having a big loving and close family is more important to me. I would never regret having another child, but I might regret not having another one.

Good Luck with your decision!

9 years ago

hi, i am battling baby fever for number 4. or for us we say 5, i had one pass away of sids. after having my 3rd (4th) i said we were def done. i really cant afford another baby & im busy because i work 2 jobs evenings and wkends but i do stay home with them during the day. ages 9 4 n 1. I really want another girl though and its to the point im so depressed over it. i know god always provides even when i think im never making it another month. also my kids drive me crazy lol but i still want one more. like u i feel the same i dont want to start over once my youngest is out of diapers. i rather get it over with now so that in 3 yrs they are all in school and growing up together. at first my husband was like me with the no more kids at all but now even he is having baby fever. hard choice...

9 years ago

Thanks for you responses! Yes, it IS such a hard choice! My best friend told me this will be my first "conscious" decision to have a baby since having 2 was a no-brainer. Even I sway back and forth. Some days I'm absolutely positive we should have another and some days I'm really happy with my life now! I guess there is no right or wrong answer, just a choice. Bottom line, I doubt I would EVER regret a child!

9 years ago • Post starter

Good news! DH is on board for a 3rd! Now to decide....when to start TTC!

Yes Hun I know what you going through right now I been in the same boat in the pass month since been trying this is my cycle #2 of trying, at first the fianc�© did not want to try cuz we already got a 5 yr Daughter and a 1 1/2 Yr Daughter both girls so he said is to early but I told Him I did not want to wait again and start all over,for getting off diapers,bottles and school just have them close in age so they could play with each other.. Cuz with my oldest I waited 4 years to to have my other one and I started all over again so now I just want to get over and done with and hopefully finger cross have My first BOY!! So been on and off of having a 3rd baby cuz we already busy with both a Girls and him working so idk but I just want one more to just feel complete and get my Son hopefully this time around GL and baby dust to all Mammas TTC Another

9 years ago

Hi There!

Have you looked into Shettles timing to see about getting your boy? Good luck! :)

Hi there. I have a 7 year old and a 5 year old. I have never just wanted to have just 2x children and when we got married my husband always said 4! But once we had a girl then a boy,he seemed happy with that but I felt lied too. I was desp for at least a 3rd. I begged for over a year,then 2 years ago,he said "you can have another little one!" I was soooo happy. But then for 2 years he's always dogged it. Never wanting to BD in the window,if we did he was just tired and just stopped etc. I used ovulation sticks but when I had the smiley face he wouldnt do the deed,so I thought I wouldnt say when im ovulating,but if I tried it on,he knew!! This month,i told him its been 2 years since he said we could have a 3rd ,he was just settled in our life and didnt want the stress of a newborn again,even tho I do 95% of the care, but he now says we can 'try!' : ) so this is our 1st month ttc. Im now 5dpo with twinges on right side of uterus,im hopeing im lucky because hubby usually only likes loving 3 times a month max,so not got much to go on. Grrrrr

9 years ago

That's wonderful! Sounds like you might have gotten lucky this month too! Let us know how it goes! :) My hubby is going back and forth right now. :/

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo