Community post

Discussion

Clomid - Question!

I am curious about Clomid. Is there any reason that it would be beneficial to take Clomid prior to the cycle you are trying to conceive? Are there any added benefits? or is it best to take it during the month that you plan on trying?

ex: Want to try in February, so take Clomid in January (but don't try), and then in February (and try).

I read this somewhere (on the internet, of course lol) so wanted to know if there is any truth to this ... as this is the first time I will be attempting to use this medication.

Thank You!

href="http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com">egnant-1363496400z7z1364274000z1.png" border="0">

3 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I wouldn't recommend taking it in the cycle u aren't ttc, 1, it's a waste of drugs, and 2, it has negative s/e's like thinning the uterine lining and drying up cm. Taking it and not ttc gives it that one extra cycle to wreak havoc on ur body. U should really only do a max of 6 cycles (some Dr's stop at 3), do u really wanna waste a cycle on nothing? I wouldn't! Ur call tho!

Good luck! =))

8 years ago

I completely agree with what you are saying. I was confused when I read what I was reading (it was on a pregnancy forum). Maybe whoever wrote that was confused ... although, she didn't appear to be asking a question, it seemed more like an answer the way she was writing.

I have heard about the 3 cycle limit ... and think that its safest to only use it when ttc on those specific months.

Thank you for your answer ;)

href="http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com">egnant-1363496400z7z1364274000z1.png" border="0">

8 years ago • Post starter

Exactly! I mean really, what's the point in taking a drug to bump up egg quality/production if u don't intend to use said eggs anyways?! Ppl are weird lol!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo