Community post

Discussion

Meal Replacement Shakes when TTC

Good Morning All,

I was wondering if anyone has been in the same boat as I am, trying to shed that excess weight to maximise chances of conception?

After months of trying to shed some weight (unsuccessfully), I caved in and decided to kick start my weight loss with some Meal Replacement Shakes (Optislim Platinum Shakes). It is working and I have managed to lose approx 3 kgs in the first week. I do not intend on carrying on with them for more than 3 weeks as I am aware of the effects on your general nutrition in the long term, if I were to continue for longer.

Just not sure as to how this affects conception in general and if I am going about this in a wrong manner as it isn't exactly healthy eating. But I tried so hard with healthy eating and walking for a few months (I can't hard core gym it as I have a Degenerative Disk in my spine) and didn't seem to do as well as I would have done 2-3 years ago..

Any advice is welcome :)

Wish you all a happy day! xxx

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I use a 'protein powder' called Vega One and it has a ton of vitamins and minerals, I make it in the morning with a frozen banana and strawberries sometimes toss in green leafs like kale or celery. It helps a ton because it's super filling because of all the nutrition and its natural (made from real plants/veggies/fruit.)

My husband and I both have lost a ton of weight, my husband 125lbs over 6 years, and I have lost about 30lbs. We cut out packaged foods unless it has 5 ingredients or less we have to unknown each and every ingredient and understand what it is. We avoid eating out, once a week if we do. (Prepping food ahead of time helps!) we also limit how much dairy, cheese, and meet we eat because it's so high it fat and cholesterol. Don't worry we get plenty of protein from our veggies, fruits, grains, seeds, nuts and beans!

Hope this helps!

8 years ago

Hey BRP,

I have been out of the country and realised I never said thank you or replied to your comment :) So sorry..
Thank you for the info regarding the VLCD shakes. I'm not sure if Vega One is available here in Australia but I'll investigate for sure. I did lose 4 kilos in 3 weeks on SlimFast but also had my period one week early which has scared me a bit :(
Were you TTC during the process of losing weight? And may I say, jeez! Your weight loss is awesome! Love it when I hear success stories like yours! Did any of this affect your TTC journey?

Once again, thank you and hope to hear from you soon :)

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo